ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about getting an iPad 2

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
0% credit card over 15months? Go for it if you feel it's worth it and ou can afford the contract but I just know that I hate being in long contracts 12months down the line

BMW 330ci
Na I don't wanna get in to credit cards mate would rather not have one lol. And na tbh after haven't my iPhone on contract I seriously don't mind waiting another year because I just love it. Like I would with the iPad

Megane 225 F1
I have been thinking about getting one of these instead of a mbp lately, but I'm not sure if I would miss having a laptop to actually do work on. I want to try it before I buy it and see how I get one using one for a few days.

Rav4
If you are really struggling to buy one outright, I would consider not buying it at all. Just save and buy it out right.

Octavia vRS tfsi
I have an iPad1, and personally, will always go for the laptop first as my main method of browsing the net. The iPad is great for quick, short bursts on the net, but if you want to ***** about for a while browsing and in particular typing on forums or emails, then I find the laptop much faster/easier.

In saying that, if you're considering one, you won't be disappointed. They are a great bit of kit.

BG 182 (full fat)
Disagree with the last post, my iPad 2 has totally taken over my laptop and to be honest I can't remember the last time I switched my laptop on. iPad is amazing for browsing the net, lieing on the bed with, sitting on the sofa, so much more easier and does the same, if not better job than a laptop

Rav4

Depends on how you role.

If possible buy things outright, credit cards are dangerous for a lot of people, 0% balances are ok, but what a lot of banks/cards do is forget you to setup the DD or they don't do it properly. So if you fault the first payment, you lose your 0% interest and pay back the 20% or what ever the deal is, yes some people call up and complain but think of all the people who can't be bothered!.

Anyhow, all depends on your circumstances.

G

(excludes purchasing a house, saving up for those to buy outright is virtually impossible under normal circumstances)

BMW 330ci
Rang orange yesterday and because I'm an orange customer with an iPhone 4 they said they can give me the iPad 2 for £99 upfront then £22.50 a month with 2gb of 3G and unlimited bt openzone.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Rang orange yesterday and because I'm an orange customer with an iPhone 4 they said they can give me the iPad 2 for £99 upfront then £22.50 a month with 2gb of 3G and unlimited bt openzone.

Over 2 years though right? You'd have to be MENTAL.

AK

M240i
You don't replace your laptop every year so what's the problem?

If you're not fussed about having the latest iPad every year then I see no issue TBH.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
It's more the fact you're locked into paying that much a month for a service you may or may not use.

If you want an iPad and want to pay monthly, get an interest free credit card and buy one direct from Apple.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
My point is I can't predict what I'll be doing next week, never mind what I'll be doing in 2 years time.

Any way, doesn't matter.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
In all honesty, as others have said I'd go for a credit card with 15 months interest free on purchases.

Buy the iPad on it, set up a transfer of whatever amount (£26 per month over 15 months for a 16GB) from your bank account.

Cut the card up straight after you get the iPad = no risk of spending anymore on it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Credit cards are fine as long as you have a brain. I've spent thousands on credit cards and not paid a penny in interest yet.