ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of going lower.

Clio sport 182
I've got a Clio 182 FF. and frankly fancy going lower....

' what's the normal standard ride hight, and I don't wanna go too low just a little and wondered what people would recommend ??

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
This is how mine looked on Sportlines. On 15"s too.

7962945074_7d1f5325cb_z.jpg

IMG_4184 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7962965746_32eb369aba_z.jpg

IMG_4187 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
k's is on apex mate as he said in first post

i had apex on my old 172 and found them absolutely atrociously bad ride, my coilovers (cheap ktecs) are less harsh!lol!

this is my FF on coilies

IMG_0114.jpg

and on 15's instead of the 16's like above

DSC_0250_zps4b6385f9.jpg

Clio sport 182
Oh sorry mate.

Hmmmm yeah I kinda want coilies because i still want a half decent ride if ther is such a thing haha

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as said mate, my coilies are a hell of a lot more forgiving than the apex from my experience

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
it may be lack of experience on different suspension setups chap, no offence meant, but i have run a hell of a lot of different springs, coilovers, shockers on a hell of a lot of different clios over the years and of the lot, the apex were by far the worst.

dont get me wrong, they went round corners fine if the road was flat and smooth, but hint of a bump or undualtion and they just fell to pieces and on rough roads the ride quality was dreadful

Ph2 Meg 225
it may be lack of experience on different suspension setups chap, no offence meant, but i have run a hell of a lot of different springs, coilovers, shockers on a hell of a lot of different clios over the years and of the lot, the apex were by far the worst.

dont get me wrong, they went round corners fine if the road was flat and smooth, but hint of a bump or undualtion and they just fell to pieces and on rough roads the ride quality was dreadful

Non taken :) I'm just comparing them to standard springs as I haven't really had anything else but the rides perfect. I assumed it would e different for a sport as I'm guessing the suspension will be stiffer anyway :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
1.2's? used to have them on the mk1 years back, great looking wheels and should set off the black on black well if thats the plan for yours