ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on spax shocks?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Thing is, I've been told there is no point in lowering any less than 60mm for my car (non-sport mk2 ph1 1.2 8v) as it won't be noticed.

I've seen a set of 60mm springs and spax shocks for ~60quid. Thing is I don't think my car is 'that' high, I mean I think 60mm will make it rub.

Anyway to tell?

Latest pic:
p4wCt.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
its -60 from the original springs height, so it makes no differance how yours sits at the moment as it may not be on original springs. If someone else has got -60 on without problems, then your will be the same. hope that makes sense...

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Yeah it does but the thing is, mines sits on original springs at the minute so I'm just wondering what the heck is going on.

Unsure of buying -60mm and shocks or just 40mm and sticking them on lol I would get coilies but I just can't justify the price because the cars a heap anyways so it's just for fun this time.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Well they are cheap, so you have nothing to lose. Just be aware the old steel shocks before they changed to stainless were not so good for longevity

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Seems a bit of a hassle to get the shocks etc. May aswell just grab the springs, easy enough done.

Thanks guys, apprecaite the input.

Discounted 1*2 parts
60mm spax springs are shockly bad (if i had a £1 for everytime i said this I'd be rich by now)

The ride is TERRIBLE!

DAR

172 Cup toy
I remember Spax shocks from years ago. Tweeks (when they used to have a small shop in Tattenhall) used to sell them by the bucket load, because they were cheap.

I hope that have improved...........