ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies - Feck it! :-)

Technomap who do a TB conversion on the clios achieve 220bhp which makes the cars faster than a mk1 v6. The new 255 bhp v6 would still have a power advantage although I dont know how much they weigh and I was disappointed to read about 5.8s on 0-60. A cup or mk1 172 on TBs will probably beat that 0-60

Viceroy have a look at the technomap.fr site under clioTMP 220 they have a torque and power graph

Well guys, quick update before i go to sleep, we talked alot today about how best to fit the bodies in with least compromise to performance, and we look to have come out with a winner, they also recon they could get more power than the technomap kit, but ill reserve my judgement on that one until its been on the rollers - but if it comes out with less it will be back to the drawing board LoL. A few things are going to have to be moved, including the aircon pipes at the front and a quick switch of a few other things, so more talks tomorrow, but its all looking good :)

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 08 May 2003

Technomap who do a TB conversion on the clios achieve 220bhp which makes the cars faster than a mk1 v6. The new 255 bhp v6 would still have a power advantage although I dont know how much they weigh and I was disappointed to read about 5.8s on 0-60. A cup or mk1 172 on TBs will probably beat that 0-60

Viceroy have a look at the technomap.fr site under clioTMP 220 they have a torque and power graph
Yeah there will be no problem a tuned cup to beat a V6 but.... the V6 can be tuned plus its all about having a ballanced RWD car that will punnish a FWD car round a track.

Nice one Roamer. keep the info coming. Given that we may have to wait 2 months for head/cams, maybe your TB conversion will be in by then?

ps. no aircon pipes for me ;-) I would imagine a decent setup would involve lowering the radiator by a couple of inches or replacing it in order to make some space for a proper airbox to sit over the TBs. Thats one of my reservations with the TMap kit. The other concern with a TB conversion is that you will need to take off the bumper every time you need an oil filter change.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

all very well if u could afford a v6 let alone afford to tune it too, but for 25k there r better cars eh

a balanced RWD chassis the V6 is not! lol

and people are getting rather picky with their opinions when tuning! i want this, but not this, i dont want to have to do this or that, dont want it to cost this.....etc etc....

you do the best you can people, and make do with what works, you could do everything lovely jubly if you wanted, but itll cost a few more K and youll have a nice big bulge in your bonnet..........which im sure youll all love.

If it fits and works, and you have 210+bhp, then if it takes an hr to change an oil filter, so be it......youll not really care after a while lol.

I got a 1.2! can i get one!? nah only joking, it would be a waste of money for my motor. Interesting though i didnt realise you could get throttle bodies, love learning stuff, cheers!

Well guys, just waiting to hear something on monday, and hopefully I should know when its all going to happen - I really cant wait, Im like a kid before christmas LoL

Im hopefully of good results, but well not know until its done the final setup runs on an RR.

Fingers crossed :D

Renault Laguna Coupe

Ive not heard of another one thats for sure. Actually this is just Roamer trying to keep his most modded Mk2 172 title intact for a few more weeks. He knows fine well that once I get my new magic tree its all over though ;)

probably....but i didnt say i wanted to buy, i was trying to sound enthusiastic about his efforts....but he was a mopey git..lol

probably got someone up the duff, and really didnt want to talk about his pride and joy that he just has to sell!

320d M Sport

oh yeah forgot, hes like that baddie in Harry Potter, the one where theyre banned from speaking his name!!

LMAO

Yeah, I rang that one up, but he was most unhelpful about talking about the actual work hed had done, most probably it was the Webcon/Prima TBs conversion kit - and I wasnt impressed when I rang Prima up to talk about it :-(

The news currently is that all Im waiting on is the new manifold to be finalised and made, of course Im gonna get the first one made ;), still thrashing out what full ecu or piggyback ecu system is going to be used, but there are a good few options, its all going to come together in about a month, so Im hoping that itll be storming for the June 27th track day

VaVaVooooooooooooooom :cool:

LoL @ Steve, luckily the engine itself has been reliable, even through the sh*t Ive given it so far, so (fingers crossed, wood touched etc etc) itll be fine

Dogmaul - Well, maybe omex - they do allow you to load new maps up easily, so this maybe a winning feature - you just never know until the last moment ;)

get the cheapest that does the job you need.

you cna save maps on your laptop to upload later on on most ECUS, moted and gems are quite expensive.

CTR EK9 turbo

sounds good - im dead jealous! just been watching those technomap vids that dror posted a few days back. Love the noise. Not too sure about the PECO 5 inch maxi-bore pokin from underneath the back like a taliban members pride and joy....

Should be a lot nicer to drive.

Yeah the engines are bullet-proof. Mines been ragged from go (demo car) up until 29,500 and hasnt blown up............yet!

there seem to be at least half a dozen people chasing TBs, would it make sense getting together to get a better deal or at least to help whoever is developing the kit justify the upfront investement??