ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

throttle body kit(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172 mk2
hey anyone has experience using the throttle bodies from jenvey and the such and any performance figures to quote or back it up how good is it compared to turboing its pros and cons.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Speak to Jon, (TheJesus) he has jenvey TB's with roughly 220BHP,there are a couple of vids of it in action in the media section. Lucky also has jenvey TBs with similiar output.

As far as my limited knowledge goes,its alot more useable than a turboed clio. Stevo172_250 has a turboed clio but think his gearbox is on the way out.

Also speak with Fred and Ben for more info on the TB's

hey anyone has experience using the throttle bodies from jenvey and the such and any performance figures to quote or back it up how good is it compared to turboing its pros and cons.

They both have advantages the biggest thing is what do you want from the car personally I'd go to throttle bodies and normal tunning not turbo if you want turbo get a turbo engine to start with which has a better engine and gearbox.

Just throttle bodies well Romaer had them 218hp with an exhaust.
220 for lucky I think and he has a 182 exhaust manifold and cams I think

cup 182 mit stripes
The Motor Huger kit that K Tec sell looks tasty,but I suppose once fitted the driveability of the standard motor and good fuel consumption would fly out the window.

The Motor Huger kit that K Tec sell looks tasty,but I suppose once fitted the driveability of the standard motor and good fuel consumption would fly out the window.
Nope drivablity if done correctly and mpg is fine (mpg obviously depends how you drive but it won't do much less its only an extra few hp its not a turbo).
I'm also curious about that Hugher kit. Anyone?
Best do a search its been mentioned before there calim of power seem a biut high.

anybody interested in bodies needs to wait till Jan, there will be some exciting new developments :D

shhhhh

Just think how wise and learned you will be, able to appreciate it.

Its a good thing i dont make perishable goods though!

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I will think about this every day and dream about it every night. Maybe a clue?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I will think about this every day and dream about it every night. Maybe a clue?

Yeah and while were all waiting my fingers are crossed that this saturday my lottery numbers will come up to buy these wonderful things :)

535d / t5 caravelle
anybody interested in bodies needs to wait till Jan, there will be some exciting new developments :D

shhhhh

will this be the release month for whatever product you have up your sleeves, or just some more info on it? :D

cup 182 mit stripes
Ben can say what he wants to say, but he's a million miles from realitay.
[Does that rhyme?]

When you getting featured in Frenchcar? They appear to be at Andy's every month.

never read or seen anything technically interesting in Frenchcar to warrent a need to be in it.

clio 172 mk2
whoa i have been away from the site for only a couple o hours and this thread has got some leverage lol, well in response to the earlier questions i dont want a turbo car really cause of reliability and i heard the ITB's make good use of torque which is what i would desire seeing the country i live in i will talk to jesus and lucky to find out what performance figures they had like 0-60 times and the such umm i see BenR from angelworks has gots some goodies coming out in jan.............

my question is this would you be willing to ship to trinidad :) if u do u will make me one very happy individual lol i want to go the ITB way but i wanna get some more info on the area seeing its a gray spot for me, maybe personal experiences can help with those who has had them but i look foward to AWT goodies when they come i just wanna make sure i can get em seeing i dont reside in the uk sadly

nowww BenR whats those goodies that be coming out ah wha get a sample lol

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Ben...You like blowing you're own trumpet huh? ;)

Would be interested to see said goodies

back to the drawing board I reckon then ;) hehe

the single TB is something I'm really interested to know more about, I dont want one obviously, but it's a fantastic alternative to a full ITB setup... still, nothing beats ITB's for the noise and sheer fun imo

Lionel Richie
speak to Ben! it was his creation that made 217, and that was on an extremley moddified plenham (not possible on a stock one)

Status
Not open for further replies.