ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle cable again...

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Well that's two throttle cables that have broken on me now. Currently sitting at the side of the road waiting for a tow. Really considering a fly by wire set up.

I think my car hates me.. Lol

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Nope, genuine one broke on the first occasion, used a universal cable from my cousin as it was late, it was meant to be a temp fix but I didn't get round to sorting it. Only myself to blame. The cable hasn't snapped this time just the plastic part that connects the cable to the pedal.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Universals are terrible matey and normally work out a couple of quid cheaper than the genuine items... gonna start selling these myself shortly

225 Cup & Williams
Must be routing it wrong or something I replaced mine 2 month ago and it's been spot on. Had a problem with the clip that goes on to the pedal with my Williams though used to pop off all the time done my box in.

53 Clio's & counting
it can be tough to route correctly - the first few i changed i found i had to adjust and play around to get them routed right

225 Cup & Williams
I agree with you there those clips are gash not a very sturdy plastic if that makes sense. The Williams one's are terrible.

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Genuine throttle cable order thanks to Tom @ wests Renault. Car should be running again by the middle of the week.