ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticking when inside but cant hear on outside

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
Hi all,

I have a ticking sound coming from the engine bay area but I can only hear it when in the car, not from outside. It's not the dephaser as this was done in july.

It gets faster as you rev the car but will stay fast for a few seconds even after revs have dropped, then the ticking frequencey will decrease again.

Im searched and the only thing I've found is the charcole canister stuff, can anyone confirm this who is more knowledgable about the clio ??

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
carbon canister solinoid would be a first guess (theres a guide on here if you fancy removing it all together might be a good way to text it)

172 Cup 181bp 165lbf
mine does this 2....i need to remove it. does my head in, it normally goes away when you turn your radio up mind lol. serious note, its bloody annoying as it makes your engine sound broken.

i cant find the guide anywhere, all i can see is the acoustic valve. That's not it, is it??
[h=3]Acoustic Valve[/h]

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
no mate acousic valve is a totaly different thing mate the carbon canister is behind the front bumper by the the right hand headlight if you put your head under the car you can see it hiding between the bumper and wheel liner if that makes sense