ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toby's Two Tone 1.6 MK2 PH2

Edition 30
Re: Not so much a Project...

Pics as promised.

Ordering springs on the first.

DSCN0139.jpg

It looks a bit like that bloke that put 182 wheels on the megane!

Edition 30

Yeah gonna get the springs on payday, rs grille and im sorted :D

Clio 1.2 16v

Was your engine managment light a little coil and it made the car rev on iddle and cut out? I have that problem and am in the middle of getting it sorted. Did you get yours sorted? If so what was it that fixed it? Ive replaced MAP sensor and am replacing throttle body on Monday hopefully

Thanks
James

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245

Wheels look good pal!
Just need that drop now, keep us posted.

Edition 30

Was your engine managment light a little coil and it made the car rev on iddle and cut out? I have that problem and am in the middle of getting it sorted. Did you get yours sorted? If so what was it that fixed it? Ive replaced MAP sensor and am replacing throttle body on Monday hopefully

Thanks
James

It was a loose connection on a wire mate nothing serious.

Gonna give it a wash tomorrow and take some pics.

Edition 30

Little update.

RS Grille...

IMG_0312.jpg

CS sticker...

IMG_0311.jpg

Silvervisions are in the post.

And still looking for a decent set of springs.

Been in talks with JimWD about a mini detail so keep your eye out :p

(s)Low Dynamique

The latest picture is beautiful. The car looks stunning and the picture is amazing, looks like it was taken by a professional haha! :)

Edition 30

Looks good matey! Needs some major slammage though!

Cheers man, need to get round to lowering it. Progress is slow...

The latest picture is beautiful. The car looks stunning and the picture is amazing, looks like it was taken by a professional haha! :)

Thanks a lot mate, taken with my iPhone actually so I was surprised how well it came out.

Needs a major wash though!

Edition 30

One from a recent clean...

DSCN0243.jpg

Think she'll be going at the end of the year,

I'm going Jap hopefully!

Edition 30

Most recent photo after a 35mm drop and sport rear bumper.

I know it's a different colour, will get round to this at some point but for the moment you can't even notice!

e1493a85.jpg

Just need to stick my I <3 CS sticker somewhere.

Edition 30

Looking smart, any other pictures mate?

This was taken today with the iPad.

Will take some more later with my camera.

Wheels in desperate need for a refurb, just got to pay my holiday off and sell the MX and things can get sorted.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Why are you selling the MX and not the Clio, I'm sure posted why elsewhere but I can't remember.

Edition 30

Better in the long run. Make's more sense. (financially, not in fun terms).

I will own an MX at some point again though, because drift car.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Better in the long run. Make's more sense. (financially, not in fun terms).

I will own an MX at some point again though, because drift car.

Can't bring yourself to sell the cliy0 you mean ;)

I've found it hard to come to terms with putting mine back to standard and getting ready to sell it (it's been sat on the drive collecting dust since 31st December).

Never put 2 and 2 together and clocked this was your car.

Edition 30

Can't bring yourself to sell the cliy0 you mean ;)

I've found it hard to come to terms with putting mine back to standard and getting ready to sell it (it's been sat on the drive collecting dust since 31st December).

Never put 2 and 2 together and clocked this was your car.

You got me. It's a fun little car. Cheap to run, cheap insurance and smokes dem VTR's :D

I don't really post it much on here because I haven't really done that much to it.

Edition 30

Yeah that's all I've done. F1's and a drop. Sports rear has tidied it up no end.

I still miss my 1.1 106 on speedlines, that thing scrubbed like a mother!

Edition 30

Rights kids,

Now I've got more or less everything sorted in terms of cars and life etc...

I think it's time to get the Clio in good nick. So I've got a mini detail half organised with a member on here to take place before CSS.
Next thing is the alloys need a major refurb, now one of them has a bit more kerb ing than I think I can repair myself so I'm thinking a trip to the professionals is in order. Also need 2 new fronts, these will be proxes to match the rears.

The rear bumper is a slightly different shade I know but it's been on 3 months now and it doesn't really bother me tbh. I MAY get it sprayed at some point though.

The inside needs a massive cleanup, gonna invest in some new mats, probably RS ones off here and need to buy some decent glass cleaner. New rear wiper needed too.

The ABS problem is still there and I think I need a drivers side driveshaft too. The car will be going to a trusted mechanic on here at some point when I get back from Ibiza. 11th of July I get back so got like 3 weeks to get sorted before CSS.

Heres a picture of how she's sitting at the moment on 40mm springs.

a54b2a36.jpg

Also is there anyway I can change the title of this thread? Ta :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I can change the title, what to?

"My bumper's the wrong colour"?

Get the wheels done asap mate, they really let it down. Nice colour though, it'll look lovely if you get that bumper sprayed too.

Edition 30

I'll PM you the title change when I think what I want it to say.

I am going to take the wheels off this weekend. Then decide which way I want to go with the colour. The colour that's on them now is a custom colour I chose from a cassette, it's like a glossy anthracite.

I like the idea of fluorescent orange. But them again silver might be nice. Or white...

The bumper you only notice when your close, I promise.

Edition 30

If I actually knew which ones to buy and they didn't rip my eyeballs out, I'd probably get some.

She handles so well at the moment, would spacers be for looks or handling? Or both.

Edition 30

I think I'll get the wheels done first then see what I think. New tyres should be arriving whilst I'm away so I'll get them straight on when I get back. Need to be seriously organised these next two months.

Mmmm...

72e93ee6.jpg

Edition 30
To do:

Sort ABS problem.
Drivers side driveshaft.
Refurb F1's.
2 new tyres.
Mini Detail.
Headlight correction.
Drivers side fog light needs replacing.
Fix Splitter.

All to be done before CSS!

Edition 30
Driveshaft will need replacing at some point.

ABS kicks in at the most random times, think the sensor is buggered.

I haven't been driving it much lately, I'm talking 30 miles a week if that so those two problems will be resolved after Ibiza. This weekend I'm swapping the other two wheels over ready for the refurb when I get back.

Then Paul's gonna give it a wash I think :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't trust him near my car, have you seen that shed?

I need to borrow someone's DA seeing as I'm going to have to wet sand parts of my car to blend some DIY paintwork in.