ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track safety devices

mps6
Do the extinguishers need to be plumbed in? I was just going to use a bottle and secure it with clamps.

Wasn't expecting to pay that much tbh but they seem good kits.

It won't be used in many competitions but what is the MSA requirements for them?

WRX
Depends what type of competition you are doing. Circuit racing, they do need to be plumbed in and discharge into both cockpit and engine compartment as a minimum and be accessible from driver's seat, as well as an external marshall's pull. Rallying also requires a handheld for co driver. You can get cheaper mechanical devices from about £120 iirc but electrical as above are better.

mps6
Well I will be mostly doing track days in 2016 day/weekend open days etc but the following year I will be trying to enter some proper competitions.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Don't bother with any of the electric battery isolators, its not uncommon for them to fail and cause you issues. If you want an electric one a lot of people just get a manual isolator and hook it up to a central locking solenoid these days.