ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking advice

RS Clio 172 Cup
Need to get the cup tracked up and was wondering if there were any places better than others? Anything to look out for?

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its not essential you go for Hunter setup just for tracking. The optical and laser setups are more than adequate providing the person using them isn't a single cell pond dweller.

I set mine with string and axle stands

Clio 197
Its not essential you go for Hunter setup just for tracking. The optical and laser setups are more than adequate providing the person using them isn't a single cell pond dweller.

I set mine with string and axle stands
Is this method within reach of the average Joe or best left to the experts ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

I set mine with string and axle stands[/QUOTE

ive seen that done on one of my old clio's, the guy using it works for rally teams etc, I was amazed as I'd never seen it done that way before.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The hardest part about the job, I find, is keeping the steering wheel straight whilst you make adjustments. I guess having a friend holding the wheel steady would help though.

Yep if you do the string method on your own, and you have no way of clamping the steering wheel you will be back and forth a lot resetting the steering wheel and then re checking the measurements until you get it right.