ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tracking question

BG182FF
Took my 182 to the local tyre fitting garage to get the tracking checked, as the fronts appeared to be wearing hard on the outsides, and the steering would be all over the place on a rough road. They had a huge tracking chart on the wall with all the toe in/ out measurements on, according to tha, my car is supposed to be set 1 degree toe out?

Anywayy, they checked mine and it was toe in, so they reset it.

I always thought car toe had to be set toe in by at least 1 degree?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
All different cars have different wheel alignment settings but usually a basic rule of thumb is front wheel drive cars have a bit of toe in

WRX
When I had mine done, I think their tolerance spec said 0.9 max so almost the same. Go for 0.5 toe out. Really helps turn in.

BG182FF
Cannt remember offhand if he said 1 degree toe out, but he did say it was supposed to be toe out. Tbf the pulling all over the place is now greatly improved, but the tyre wear is still bothering me :s