ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy or V6 mk1

Ok folk i am considering one of these two cars. My sensible side says go for the trophy as its just as quick and will handle so well and after looking at one today i loved the seats, the new wheels and even the colour.
However, something else is telling me to go for a V6 mk1 which I have always loved, especially the sound and look of it. Unfortunately my budget wont stretch to a mk2.
So I am just looking for some other opinions on this.

Thanks

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

wellobviously it depends on what you want. if you want a fastish car with no back seats and loads of noise and you have lots of money for petrol then the vee is for you.

if not then the trophy is the best. im getting one. do it

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

that is a hard one i do like the v6s alot but prefer the look on the mk2 and after seeing a trophy in the flesh id get that over the v6 mk1 ofcourse;)

[Edited by Craig on 17 August 2005 at 3:20pm]

I dont have to go with a clio but these were the two cars i was considering at the moment. Had a mk2 172 since June 02 and have loved every minute of it. Keep the replies coming thanks

GR7

Shiny red R32

What about the new Golf GTi for a change? German cars are generally more reliable than French cars.

Mine has had so many parts replaced that I almost certainly wont get another and the guys in my local garage hide when they see me appear, as they say "whats wrong now?"!! I have just had a new rheostat that cost pennies under £100 but thankfully they didnt charge me for putting it in.

Thats great looking Impreza mate but not really my cup of tea.
Golf GTI is out of my price range although i do love the quality of those cars compared to the plastic clio.
Are there any Trophy owners who have moved from a mk2 172 to Trophy? Would like their opinions please.

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny5salive on 17 August 2005

Thats great looking Impreza mate but not really my cup of tea.
Golf GTI is out of my price range although i do love the quality of those cars compared to the plastic clio.
Are there any Trophy owners who have moved from a mk2 172 to Trophy? Would like their opinions please.
PM Lee or Nik.

BMW 330d :)

That subaru is going to be alot more to run than even the V6. A major wallet burner!

[Edited by Frasers Cup on 17 August 2005 at 5:52pm]

Clio 200

I had a scooby, got rid of it simply for the running costs, was getting around 170 miles to a tank :(

Should be getting my Trophy mid september, not even seen one in the flesh yet, but every review, roadtest, testdrive ive read, had nothing but good things to say about it. Hopefully I wont be dissapointed :)

[Edited by hyby on 8/17/2005 5:55:26 PM]

Yeh it is the fact that every review raves about the Trophy that made me even consider another 172/182. Saw one in the flesh today HYBY and i am sure you wont be dissapointed! Can get one for September 1st. However I have found a v6 mk1 in Edinburgh for sale at a private dealers so may go have a look over the next day or so.

A red missile

Quote: Originally posted by hyby on 17 August 2005

I had a scooby, got rid of it simply for the running costs, was getting around 170 miles to a tank :(

Should be getting my Trophy mid september, not even seen one in the flesh yet, but every review, roadtest, testdrive ive read, had nothing but good things to say about it. Hopefully I wont be dissapointed :)

[Edited by hyby on 8/17/2005 5:55:26 PM]
I wasnt :) had mine for a month now and im still loving it, lots of fun to be had from sticking one into a bend real hard ;) The V6 though - what a noise, only ever seen one in the flesh once, looked and sounded amazing, dont know if id swap though - tough call.

Elise/VX220/R26

If I had 15 grand and no worries about practicality I would have to get a V6. Obviously if practicality and running costs do come into it its a no brainer for the Trophy

3.0ltr V6

Well having a V6 myself, I would tell you to go for one. You will not be disappointed. You cant always look at the money but the enjoyment you have driving your vehicle. :D