ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy prices - lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio Trophy
The suspension has been checked over, showing no signs of leakage or damage.

So a roundabout way of saying the dampers haven't been touched in 12 years yet I'll ask for £4500 over the original sticker price.

As an owner, I'm all for the values going up but this is utter lunacy.

Seems pricey to me, anyone interested can have mine for 6 grand. However it does have 70 thousand more miles on it. :)

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
I think the values for sub 60,000 mile cars with the right history owners and refurbished suspension will be circa £10,000 soon.

Probably more for traders selling them retail.

Mine has got miles on it so I'm not scared to drive it and use it. But it will get to the point where people will start putting them in garages and collections and taking them off the road.

I think that's sad though as you don't get to see anything remotely fun or older driven about anymore as everyone is focusing on keeping its value rather than driving and enjoying their car

Clio 182 Trophy
The suspension has been checked over, showing no signs of leakage or damage.

So a roundabout way of saying the dampers haven't been touched in 12 years yet I'll ask for £4500 over the original sticker price.

As an owner, I'm all for the values going up but this is utter lunacy.
Same, I mean who wouldn't want the value of their car going up?

Wonder if these mental prices will have an impact on the sane sellers though.

Clio Trophy
I think the values for sub 60,000 mile cars with the right history owners and refurbished suspension will be circa £10,000 soon.

Probably more for traders selling them retail.

Mine has got miles on it so I'm not scared to drive it and use it. But it will get to the point where people will start putting them in garages and collections and taking them off the road.

I think that's sad though as you don't get to see anything remotely fun or older driven about anymore as everyone is focusing on keeping its value rather than driving and enjoying their car
I wish the sorts of people who did this sort of thing stuck to other areas and not cars.

The sort that know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Clio 182 Trophy
He's just added more pictures... as if that was the thing that made that ad bad...

Also don't get why he's advertising it as such a great drivers car when at a price like that, it's not a 'driver' that's going to buy it.

Clio cup
To be fair to him it is like brand new .also he is selling a key ring for a ford rs for £175 .think that's worse than the 20k for the trophy .would like that in my garage collection,(if I had one that is )

williams and trophy
You should see the price of Williams es now. Almost up there with vees.
Which is only a good thing for me ...as is the trophy prices going up. Lol.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm tempted to put my Trophy up for sale for £45,000. The current engine is on zero miles. Boom, winner.

It's certainly an ambitious ask. Alas, my worry is that someone with money will come along, take this off the road completely, wrap it in cotton wool and stick it in a warehouse with the rest of his/her collection. What a waste of a so-called drivers' car. :(

Clio 182 Trophy
I'm tempted to put my Trophy up for sale for £45,000. The current engine is on zero miles. Boom, winner.

It's certainly an ambitious ask. Alas, my worry is that someone with money will come along, take this off the road completely, wrap it in cotton wool and stick it in a warehouse with the rest of his/her collection. What a waste of a so-called drivers' car. 😧
Surely this car isn't sought after enough yet for even one person to come along and make an offer close to asking price? I think ambitious is being friendly...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Surely this car isn't sought after enough yet for even one person to come along and make an offer close to asking price? I think ambitious is being friendly...
Well... that's the thing. There have been at least two sold recently for around that sort of price. Clearly there are folks out there [with money] who are prepared to pay these prices for low-mileage minters. There may well be other low mileage examples that have swapped hands that aren't even known about.

As 'ordinary' as they may seem to the majority of folks, they are gathering interest from a wider audience than before. Whether that's down to favourable press / exposure, the fact that they are a limited edition model, or something else... I don't know.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Also don't get why he's advertising it as such a great drivers car when at a price like that, it's not a 'driver' that's going to buy it.
The 'driver's car' bit is the caché - it's what makes the car desirable to potential buyers, and it's what will make it worth £x in future.

Harry Metcalfe has done a great job of marketing the Trophy especially with his video. He has a following and many of those people probably have more money than they know what to do with, so why shouldn't someone splurge on this example at this price - just because they can?!

And if they've got a garage like Harry does then it might well get driven, hard even, but with so many equally desirable and focussed drivers' cars to compete with it just might not get out all that often.

I really enjoy seeing the ceiling price for Trophys being pushed higher and for most on this forum it shouldn't really affect people in the slightest.

I'm unmoved because, unlike Andy, I don't care if they all get taken off the road and placed in dehumidified garages - I've got one that I love driving, and that's not going to change. Mine isn't a comparable single-owner, low-mileage, factory-spec, concourse example, nor do I have the funds or inclination to buy one of these that is, so whoever these people are, crack on! IMO

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Remember buying a Citroen AX GT5 many, many years ago that had been sat around for a very long period of it's life albeit I bought the car for the personalised plate 'A5 XGT'.

This out of many cars I have owned over the years had pretty much everything needing replacement due to seizure or perished rubber. Not sure if the modern era of cars has the same trend, but can imagine this needs more spending on it to make it 'good' over some of the other examples out there with much higher mileage.

Did anyone see the one on eBay last week?

Was a Cat D, but after some detective work, found photos of the damage, which was a grazed wheel, cracked front bumper and scuff on the wing... Also pictures of behind and lights removed etc showed it was straight. Sent the guy a message but no reply.

Ended up being sold for £2,150. Looked pretty clean a year or so ago so couldn't of been that bad of a buy tbh.

Trophy No: 351

wb8bjm.jpg

21aecd5.jpg

2ytoe2a.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Well... that's the thing. There have been at least two sold recently for around that sort of price. Clearly there are folks out there [with money] who are prepared to pay these prices for low-mileage minters. There may well be other low mileage examples that have swapped hands that aren't even known about.

Really? Where was that? it seems mad!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Really? Where was that? it seems mad!
Yeah - it's all gone a bit mad at the moment in the Trophy world. Some of the low-mileage, untouched examples are fetching very strong money. One local to me in Cardiff recently sold for a figure not too far from that listed above and I believe another sold recently for a few quid shy of 19k (I can't remember if it was a Northern Ireland based one or not, or the dealer at least). A little birdy also tells me another 15k+ example went to France recently.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did anyone see the one on eBay last week?

Was a Cat D, but after some detective work, found photos of the damage, which was a grazed wheel, cracked front bumper and scuff on the wing... Also pictures of behind and lights removed etc showed it was straight. Sent the guy a message but no reply.

Ended up being sold for £2,150. Looked pretty clean a year or so ago so couldn't of been that bad of a buy tbh.

Trophy No: 351

wb8bjm.jpg

21aecd5.jpg

2ytoe2a.jpg
That was a bargain!!

clio 182 trophy
Have a look at how much they are worth in France. They were around that price in euro 4 years ago. 80 thousand km examples were around £15k. If converted to lhd and low mileage they will go for a small fortune in years to come.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's only 2 on eBay now, ones £18k, the other is £20k.

They're going to soar in value this summer. Guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.