ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Sachs Dampers

Hi All,

I've posted on ClioTrophy.co.uk about this issue but as you guys probably know, it is very quiet over there so haven't had much feedback.

I have taken the Trophy into K-tec and they have looked into a knocking noise from what seems like the front of the car.

They have double checked everything and it all checks out fine. No movement or wear to anything. The only thing they think it might be are the dampers.

The dampers were refurbed at BG Motorsport in June 2012 by the previous owner which I have an invoice for.

My question is really to see if any Trophy owners or owners with the Sachs dampers setup as had a knocking noise come from it after a refurb?

Thank you in advance.

Alot when I'm doing a parking manoeuvre but can still here it over bad roads when coming to a stop.

They thought it was top mounts to start with, changed them and is still there.

Checked suspension and all ok too!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Top mounts or the springs arent seated correctly maybe? Worn ball joints, track rods etc

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That was changed as well Luke, should have said, sorry.

Your Trophy was mint, sorry to hear what happened.

Thanks mate :) Gutting but things like that happen, I'm trying not to dwell on it.

I had a similar noise coming from mine, couldn't be arsed faffing around with bits so changed both lower arms, TR ends, ball joints etc last month, and the noise went. Sounds like you've had all that sorted so I'd get those dampers looked at mate. What kind of warrenty do BG offer?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Play in the suspension? I had some issues and turned out my seals went on the dampers - after a year and 4k. Had to get them done again. Bg charged me £150 too - seemed a common problem when talking on the phone. Don't like bg at all - wish I'd never gone there

Golf Gti edition 30
my trophy has been making knocking/clangy sounds ever since i had the dampers done a few months ago.had the dampers off numerous times since and been trying to figure where its coming from.

the noise is when turning at low speeds like parking.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had similar ish - more lock to lock clicking when parking and bouncy front end. What's the cars like when pushed. Back step out?

Jamie, is there anywhere else that refurbs them?

I've only done 300 miles since they have been done but K-tec are adamant there is nothing else wrong.

But they can't touch the dampers. Not sure on the BG's warranty but maybe I'll have to to back to them.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If something is wrong with the dampers you will know in how it drives. I knew there was something wrong very quickly. Car will handle poorly.

Ktec should be able to tell you there is nothing catastrophic wrong with them

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My BG refurbished dampers failed just over a year after being done. Seems really common for them to fail shortly after being done.

Instead of going back to BG, who charge a hell of a lot for the service, I rang around some local companies who prep race cars and found a local place to do them. Much cheaper, and a more personal service. So I'd recommend finding a local place, they are out there, it's just finding them.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Knocking will be ball joints or track rod end. Have you had it up in the air to check for play?