ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

True value of my 182

as much as I hate these threads, i am still in need of some advise.

'04 black gold 182 with both cup packs, 53k, full service history, good condition other than one or two scuffs on the alloys, 2 owners. totally standard.

I was offered 3k in p/x which i thought was a tad low.

Advise please.

Thanks

clio 172, bmw 318is coupe
if you go to the vauxhall website you can get a glass guide part ex valuation for free. Also try we buy any car to get a 'bottom price' figure.

£5.5k-£6k.

If you hate these threads, why start one? You dont really need us, you're just being lazy.

Look at Autotrader/PH instead of trying to get free advertising for your car on here.

M2 Competition
Id put it up for 6k private, and see what you get.

The garage will have it on their forecourt for between 6.5-7k, so theyre making some money on that part ex!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
£5.5k-£6k.

If you hate these threads, why start one? You dont really need us, you're just being lazy.

Look at Autotrader/PH instead of trying to get free advertising for your car on here.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of free advice.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yes i'm sure you would have done.

5k imo, maybe a wee bit less to get it sold tbh in the current market.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
£3k is a f**king joke! I'd have slapped the prick!

lol i got offered 9k for the Vee and they said its not worth a penny more!!

Shouldnt you be banging your wife right now?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£3k is a f**king joke! I'd have slapped the prick!

lol i got offered 9k for the Vee and they said its not worth a penny more!!

Shouldnt you be banging your wife right now?

She's ill in bed :(

After honeymoon she's going in for her op so hopefully we can start some sort of normal life!

As for the values some garages give, its a complete joke. I went to a 'prestige' dealers the other day to collect some p/x's i'd bought and they had an Audi A4 in there that they had taken in part ex and it was £4400 below bottom book!!!

Snakes the lot of them.

Thanks for the advice. I do normally hate these types of threads, but they serve a purpose I suppose. Normally I would go with my instincts, but the current pistonheads/autotraders prices are random at best, prices appear to be all over the place with no apparent "normal" price.

I think I might stick it up for sale at 5k-ish and see what happens.

Thanks.

My 182 similiar stats to yours, part chopped against an r26 3wks ago, got 5k for it from a Renault dealer, it was then put on thier forcourt for 5895.They have sold it.

My 182 similiar stats to yours, part chopped against an r26 3wks ago, got 5k for it from a Renault dealer, it was then put on thier forcourt for 5895.They have sold it.
That's not too bad a mark up on their part, they must have wanted to sell it, otherwise it would have been up for a few grand more.

182 FF Inferno
I'm currently in the market for a 182 (don't really want black though, and I may have found one). I know 182 prices have dropped badly, but I still think any below £4500-5000 must be tatty/ high miles. Majority of the ones I've seen at £5k/ low 5's haven't had cup packs.

As has been said, they'll be on dealers forecourts for £6500 minimum.
Depends on how desperate you are to sell? I would have thought you'll see £4500 easily.

That's not too bad a mark up on their part, they must have wanted to sell it, otherwise it would have been up for a few grand more.
Yeah I suppose, Evans Halshaw had a few 182s similiar spec to mine at similiar prices.They are still for sale, mine sold!.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Just sold the wifes 04-54 182, 63k FSH, black, cup susp and alloys, both belts replaced. £4200 on ebay. Had it up for four months and had one viewing before ebay. For a while it was the cheapest on Pistonheads and still hardly any interest. In todays market, if you really want to sell, and we had to because she was pregnant, you just have to take what you can.

182 FF Inferno
Just sold the wifes 04-54 182, 63k FSH, black, cup susp and alloys, both belts replaced. £4200 on ebay. Had it up for four months and had one viewing before ebay. For a while it was the cheapest on Pistonheads and still hardly any interest. In todays market, if you really want to sell, and we had to because she was pregnant, you just have to take what you can.

Do you think people were put off by the mileage? Its quite a lot for the year of the car. I know it shouldn't matter that much with FSH but people will always want as low a mileage as possible.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

you were just unlucky, if i knew i would have bought it off you!"!!

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

Do you think people were put off by the mileage? Its quite a lot for the year of the car. I know it shouldn't matter that much with FSH but people will always want as low a mileage as possible.

Yeah probably. The 182's seem more mileage sensitive than some cars. It's probably because they aren't the best quality. I have seen an increase in low mileage cars with no history as well which to me are just clocked high mileage cars.

Yeah probably. The 182's seem more mileage sensitive than some cars. It's probably because they aren't the best quality. I have seen an increase in low mileage cars with no history as well which to me are just clocked high mileage cars.

Yeah I think mileage is a huge factor on these cars. Mines got 30k so hopefully that'll be in it's favour.

Average mileage a year for most cars is 10 -12k, any more than that & folk do get but off, but if the buyer only intentends to do 5k a year & keeps it for a few it'll even out.

xzibit - 30k on a 182 is bugger all mate, no worries at all with that mileage.