ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 182, whats needed?

Clio 182
Hey all i have been offered a Garret T25 turbo and i already have the K Tek turbo manifold, and to be honest i need help! First of all if i was to turbo my 182 what would i do about my ecu, would i require a full new ecu or can the turbo be mapped in to the standard ecu? Secondley could i run meggy 225 injectors? And thirdley am i wasting my time with a t25 and should i be looking at a 28 bearing in mind i am planning on running standard internals so dont want to push it too hard.

ITB'd MK1
at the very least you'll need a t28 turbo, or better still a GT28RS

meggy injectors will do 320-330 ish bhp, but that's reduced if you keep the single fuel line setup as there's no pressure compensation.

I'd never even consider a stock ECU for something as drastic

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
From personal experience I've never seen megane injectors run that power in either a megane or a clio but me and Danny have had this discussion before so we'll just leave it at that.

If you really want a turbo clio I'd sell yours and buy this

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?539101-Clio-172-Turbo

It has everything you could want and it's already done for you, if you wanted more power you could slot a GT28RS on there and you'll be up near 340bhp.

Heres the build thread that butch did when he was building it, as you can see he was fanatical with his attention to detail.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?342084-Stripped-172-Turbo&highlight=turbo

I know what I would do :)

172Tb'd, Z4 35idrive
Theres quite alot of extra you'll need. Im currently doing a conversion myself. If your like me and only looking for moderate gains with out changing the internals, i have got manifold and turbo, then the down pipe, then the 182 link pipe. Youll need the oil feed pipes and return pipes for the turbo. Injectors, (imusing meg 225 injectors) then youll need intercooler, and the intercooler pipework. Then possibly looking at a boost controller. Ive been told the standard ecu can be mapped at rs tuning and ive heard they are pretty good, if you are looking to save money.

As the guys said, even with second hand parts it gets quite expensive. Then you got fitting.

172Tb'd, Z4 35idrive
Oh and have been told it best to upgrade the engine mounts too, but not a nessesity. But would help the engine withthe extra power