ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo conversion advice

RB Clio 182
hardly a trick, thought it was going to be something interesting for a minute:disappointed:
It also stimulates the the crankshaft to time itself to advance the map by using forceps through the pistons for optimum pressure build up by producing internal gasses that multiply and and expand and burn 3000 faster but keep it 4000 times cooler from the .2mm difference.

Hth mate.

Last edited:

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Nearly finished my brothers one which had a 1.6mm (I think) head gasket fitted so will know soon, but essentially the limiting factor will be the rods so I think torque at about 250ft/lb would be a sensible limit, mine makes 280 bhp with 250ft/lb with megane pistons so will in interesting to see what my brothers will make

Edit; and how long it will last lol

Sheen90

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Turbo
Has anyone used the SBWorx low boost DIY conversion? Comes in at just under £2k when you add the EFI module. Is the ED DIY kit worth £400 more in regards to quality?

Interesting thread, especially since I'm considering boosting mine in the near future

I'd aim for for the 250/260bhp which hopefully shouldn't need a forged engine and the gearbox would cope, interested to know if this was possible/ideal with the thicker Megane head gasket

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I have recently collected a few bits for a turbo build as a little side project for a spare engine I have. I intend to change the HG to the megane purely as I will have the engine in bits for a refresh, otherwise I wouldn't bother