ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Exhaust (owners of boost only)

260% JCW
Just a question about a turbo powered cars exhaust system.

Would like to give the Mini a bit more poke and have seen a decat pipe. I'm aware of MOT rules and the law ect but will this be better then an high flow cat?

The 1st benefit is that the CAT is 4 times more expensive, but im worried about back pressure ect but have no experience with Turbo tuning. I'm sure i've read somewhere that bigger and straighter the exhaust is the better the Turbo can push the gasses out?

Megane Trophy Stg 2
you will never have back pressure problems with a turbo, a decat will be fine.

I would get it, much better noise ;) and power, and probably the odd flame.

182 cup
Flow wise a decat will be marginally better than a race (100cell) cat.
I've always preffered the option of a race cat to a decat due to ease of mot etc.
You'll not have backpressure problems by fitting a decat on a turbo. It will be louder than a cat/high flow cat.
The only potential issue is boost creep but that can get sorted with either a re-map or a good boost controller.
Heatwrapping of the downpipe and manifold will help with spooling too.
On a turbo'd car make sure you check fuelling/det after changing exhaut components to ensure that it's still running safe.

Megane Trophy Stg 2
Heatwrapping the downpipe will make the turbo spool up quicker too

thats optimistic. you do realise that the downpipe is after the turbo??

1986 Transformers Face Palm for you dear sir.

facepalm.jpg