ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Owners Please.

172 + 350z
Hoping someone knowledgable can help as I can't figure this one out. I have just bought a clio turbo and I love it. The only problem is the oil catch tank is leaking. The bolts were loose so tightened it all up but basically it seems to be under very high pressure as it's blowing oil out of the breather on it. Not even catching the oil it's in one side and out the other. Sorry if it's a dumb question but really have no idea and it's quite a bit of oil hence I am concerned.
Thanks in advance

172 + 350z
Thanks for your replies. Pipe comes from back of the engine to the catch tank, no branding on the actual catch tank. Obviously under some pressure as it seems to be coming out of the top of the tank as well. Hope that makes some sense

172 + 350z
When you say plumbed in correctly could you elaborate please, it just comes from the back of the engine to the pot/tank

PH1 loads of boost!
^^^^ Yep.

It would be very hard to plumb it up wrong, there should only be a bit of moisture coming out of it. If there's a visible amount of oil then you've got a melted piston.

Which car have you bought?

172 cup, Impreza P1
When you say plumbed in correctly could you elaborate please, it just comes from the back of the engine to the pot/tank

I had issues with my catch tank cause I had the inlet to the tank in the outlet port. I seemed to give more oil mist that way than when I changed it to have the inlet in the inlet port.

This was on a baffled catch tank.