ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo problems

This is a little off topic (not about a Clio) but i need your help,

My girlfriend is looking at getting a Punto Turbo and iv found a minter going to look at it sunday but iv been told that when the turbo spools up it pops from the exhuast (Not sure what like yet aint seen the car) I would have thought this was a boost problem. The engine is also ment to be blue printed???? any ideas

Does anyone have any ideas as i dont want to buy a hound.:sick:

Cheers Dave:confused:

I think theres a Punto turbo website and forum on the net somewhere have a
look there.

Try http://www.honestjohn.co.ukU color=#0000ffwww.honestjohn.co.uk/U for good advice but I cannot see him having such
technical advice on the particular car.

A blue printed engine is one made to exect to the orignal plans its meant to
clean the engine ie more power less vibration but BenR will know more of
what it entails.

A punto Gt isnt that new I dont think so if the owner doesnt know
anything about how the car works or is selling it on be suspicious maybe he
has had problems.

The turbo sounds maybe aftermaket mods. If the engine is like the R5 engine
maybe pervious owner have just turned the boost up without any other mods
resulting in engine damage. The sound maybe the pressure release value
poping of due to to much pressure and the turbo releasing the excess air
before engine damge occurs

EDD

Blueprinting, despite what many people will tell you and even some tuners say, refers to the building of the engine not to factory spec as facotry spec involves a whole host of different sized parts due to manufacturing inadequecies. Its the building of an engine to tolerances of the ORIGINAL blueprint design, generally from the guy who designed the engine.

Blueprinting makes minimal differences in most cases.

Its from a dealer who took it in px and hasnt got time to play with it apparently hes into bmws and mercs etc,

Iv rung a couple of turbo places and they think it may be easy to fix, ill have a look and see how it runs. There will alway be another deal so if i aint sure it can wait.

Cheers fellas;)