ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre prices?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Would 185/55/15 tyres be more expensive than tyres with a 195/50/15

??

My gf got quoted £57 per tyre, for Admiral 185/55/r15...

Thats expensvie right?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
So it sounds about right?...

Coz i got Toyo Proxes4 195/50/15 for £39 each

And these are Admiral tyres, budget ones :S

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
yup they sell shed loads of them where my mate works! really are just for those who have to put some form of rubber on their rims. better deals to be had out there.....

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
If all 4 are needed, get 195/50/15. Would be a fair saving. 185/55/15 are an expensive size.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yea only the front 2 are needed, and the back two are already 185/55/15 so i guess they will have to match.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea they are boss tyers great grip must admit i went through 3 sets of fronts in 2 years n the same set from the first lot on the back lol the 106 did handle like a beast tho :p

More tread/grip on the front, less at the back = lively back end :eek:
What he said ^^^

185/55/15s are an expensive size and can be changed for 195/50/15 (which are much more common and therefore much cheaper) with not much change in handling. And yes, you can run different sizes on different axles, as long as they match on each axle (i.e. 185/55/15 front, 195/50/15 rear).

mytyres is probably the cheapest place you'll find tyres, or perhaps one of the other online suppliers.

I'd always spend a little more to get a decent tyre - they're they only thing holding you on the road so don't skimp...