ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH Board Issue

clio 172 & megane F1
Hi Guys,
Had lots of issues with my UCH board on my 2002 Clio Sport. Had it reman'd by BBA Reman and had more problems with it than I did to start with. Thinking of biting the bullet and getting a new UCH board but Renault want £75 to Program the board, how difficult is it to do with Renault Clip?
Has anyone on here coded up their own board with Renault Clip? Want to know if this really is difficult with CLIP or something I could do myself.
Thanks in advance,
Rich

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely the UCH and not relay/earth problems elsewhere?

Before throwing lots of money at Renault you could get a second-hand UCH, fob, and ECU and try those?

start by reading your current uch configurations and printing it out then once the new one is fitted set it up to the network which is some yes no boxes and then configure the uch to match your old settings, the main problem will be coding the keys in do you have access to immobiliser codes? as the old cliche goes its easy when you know how if you have never done it before it can be tricky just depends if you've done this sort of stuff before and it sounds like you may have if you have access to clip, i've changed loads over the years so will help where i can.

clio 172 & megane F1
Hi Guys thanks ever so much for the replies, i have bought renault clip, it will come in usefull for other things like my megane 230 too :)
Ill let you know how it all goes, then scream SOS if it all gioes tits up lol !

Many.
You need codes from Renault still.
I'd check the white plug in the engine bay fusebox, corrosion on that can cause what appear like UCH issues.

Also, do you realise you can only program NEW UCH's?

clio 172 & megane F1
Hi Guys,
I setup the Renault CLIP Software which worked great, it immediately found an issue with the UCH board after it did a Multiplex network check and said before I continued it had to fix it.
I let it go ahead to fix it, it erased the config on the board which wasn't working anyway (headlights, indicators, wipers, windows and alike) after erasing it asked to reprogram it and asked me what config to program things like DRL and One click windows etc.
It did all the programming and all the features of the car worked perfectly :)
I then got the immobiliser code off Renault for the car, checked the Programmable Car Body and it said there were 0 keys attached to the car so followed the onscreen instructions to add in the key again it worked fine and keys now registered is 1. Turned the key and car fired up after cranking twice - Well Happy!
Here comes the issues - Took car for a run within a few minutes car started messing about again, headlights not working indicators, wipers, windows etc. Guys where would you tackle next? New UCH board but BBA Reman say the current one is faultless although it clicks constantly when connected. Could it be a wiring issue? Guys I'm at a loss what to do!

Need advice plz!!!

Thanks in advance.

clio 172 & megane F1
How do I get at the plug guys, white plug at the bottom looks like the master socket for the loom sort of thing. My hands aren't that small is there an easier way?

clio 172 & megane F1
Managed to get everything out and checked that plug. Slight corrosion on one or two points so cleaned all that up. Put back together and the UCH board is still clicking like crazy soon as the battery is connected and it doesn't stop. Next stop new UCH guys do you think?