ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH or a one off?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Right,
Last night, driving home from work my lights go off after pressing the drivers door window switch. Still had power to engine and stereo so thought it was a bit odd as I thought I had stalled or something along those lines.
Either way, I turned the engine off and on again, lights came back on but went off again within a few minutes.
Repeated the on / off of engine and was fine the rest of the journey home.
Came on here and had a read about the UCH issues and found a few horror stories of having to change loads of things to replace the UCH if it was at fault.
This morning I had a look at the UCH and pushed all the connections back in but didn't really notice anything being obviously loose.
Drove to work with my lights on just to see if anything happened the same but all was good and haven't had any of the issues like last night.

Is this a temperamental issue or is it a case of when they are broke, they don't work?
Could it have just been the cold weather we have had recently playing tricks on the electrics?
Can these be fixed by such companies on the internet, where you send them the UCH and they fix it?

@bloke @MicKPM @NorthloopCup

Cheers guys, I get that it's a hard one to pinpoint and diagnose on here. Just seeing what my options are should it happen again.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
IMG_3189.JPG
That's what it's like looking for mate without being there in person to check a few things. Earth crowns coming loose on the dash bar can create some strange issues like this though as well.

dan's cast offs.
check the relays along the back of the uch are ok, known them get knocked by passengers feet a couple of times.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Will do, thanks for the reply.
I did have a quick fettle this morning with it and touch wood it has been fine all day.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Whats your option mate if it is uch
1 replace it for another
2 Get it repaired as a new one would be silly money?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Just make sure the UCH is the match for your vehicle if you do need to go down that route...

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Hasn't done it all weekend but just popped out on my lunch and it clicked off again.
Heard the relay click when everything went off, banged on the glovebox area and all came back on. Sodding thing.
It has been raining heavily here all day today if that has any influence?

dan's cast offs.
was wondering if you could of disturbed one of the earths along the top dash rail.

carpet dry on the passengers side?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Feels dry, yeah.
I'm going to have a proper look when I get chance. Always bloody dark by the time I get round to it.
The Mrs did hit a drain cover the other day and it made the wiper come on, on its own without flicking the stalk....

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Feels dry, yeah.
I'm going to have a proper look when I get chance. Always bloody dark by the time I get round to it.
The Mrs did hit a drain cover the other day and it made the wiper come on, on its own without flicking the stalk....
Don't go blaming the wife for your r2d2 172 rep

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
It takes the dash lights, windows, wipers, insicators when it does it.
Literally goes off for 3 seconds then comes back on.
And £2k you can have it.
66k belts done, omp wheel, cooksports, polybushed everywhere, scenic shifter, rs tuner, longlife exhaust.
Take it.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Just lighten up a bit,send it off for fixing.Surely some bright spark will reflect on what the problem is.Don't take a dim approach mate