ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ugrade message Scam???

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
My girlfriend is on Orange PAYG and has been for several years, she's fancied a new phone for a while, (she's still got her 3310!!)

She recieved this message today, seems a bit odd, esp when it basically says the offer is only valid for 1 day, and out of the blue!

She want me to ring it, but she hasnt got any credit, and I dont fancy ringing it off mine, or the house phone, incase its a scam or premium rate kinda thing!

Anyone got any ideas, or help on this, heres the message:

Orange customer,you may now claim your FREE CAMERA PHONE upgrade for your loyalty.Call now on 0207 153 9153.Offer ends 12th June.T&C's appy.Opt-out available
Sender:
UpgrdCentre
Sent:
11-June-2007
15:18:41

Mike

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
scam orange never contact u for an upgrade their call centres are based in newcastle. it's bull man leave it alone only ever deal with 150 and orange never anyu of these 3rd party companies

Its probally not a scam, just a 3rd party business vying for custom. All the big networks sell phone numbers to third parties, the 3rd parties will then call you offering the upgrade in exchange for contract commission from the network provider.

Strange to see it on a pay as you go phone and for only one day though...

I've received a few of these, usually a premium rate number. Id just ignore it and phone orange direct if you want an upgrade.