ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unusual Misfire - 182

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the following problems.

I've been replacing the standard serviceable items on the 182 and one week after the work had been done it has developed the same misfire. Normal symptoms : sounds like a Subaru, EML light flashing under load, 3 Cyclinder running symptoms.

So I've changed the following.

Ngk Spark Plugs
Genuine HT Leads
Genuine Coilpack
Genuine Oil & Filter Change
Replaced x1 Faulty injector
(other 3 are working, running at 14.4 OHMs and all firing)

Secondly there is no oil or water in the holes of the spark plugs. Can provide pictures of the removal today?

What else do I need to check before moving forward?!

Any help is appreciated

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Could you elaborate on why it would be that? I thought if they were all 14.4 readings and firing. No issue?

dan's cast offs.
flashing eml is an injector, just because they read correct when you test them doesn't mean they do when under load or get warm. get it plugged in and see what it comes up with,

997.1, Caddy, e208
Sporky had a new coil pack in 2016, I could have saved you some money if you just asked!

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
We did unplug and ran a multi meter on each the readings are below.

1 = 14.6
2 = 15.4
3 = 14.6
4 = 15.1

Does not mean that the injectors are OK?
flashing eml is an injector, just because they read correct when you test them doesn't mean they do when under load or get warm. get it plugged in and see what it comes up with,

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
I was wondering if I should start messaging the previous owners on here. Tbh I couldn't remember the 'user names' appreciate the update tho. Anything else I should know..
Sporky had a new coil pack in 2016, I could have saved you some money if you just asked!