ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Update: 172 Cup Mystery misfire solved!

172 Cup
Well well well, how very interesting. I took my pride and joy in to Lookers Stockport last weekend mainly to order a new fuel pump/sender unit in relation to the 'mystery' misfire that has puzzled me for a while (see http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=507785&highlight=172+cup+mystery+misfire). After going through the symptoms with one of the mechanics, he recommended we plug Clip into it just to see if anything came up before sticking a new pump in there.

As it turns out, Renault has released several updates to the injector software which were intended as 'recalls' but never offered as such, designed to improve a rough idle and misfiring. The car took a full 20 re-programme of this software (indicating the car has never been updated as this is usually a quick 2 minute thing according to the mechanic) and has smoothed out the idle, general running and starting gremlins so many of us seem to suffer from. All this and a quick valet for the sum of... Nothing!

Cant thank / recommend / praise Lookers Renault in Stockport highly enough for giving up time and expertise without charge in helping me get to the bottom of this. I would strongly recommend anyone else who comes across a similar problem to have it checked out by Renault - I've been round and round in circles changing plugs, leads, coils, pumps etc when the cause was just a ruddy bit of outdated software!

A* Dealership, well done :D

Nissan 350z
Ive never seen this before posted on here. Can anyone confirm if this is legit or did Lookers just invent a placibo type fix to make him happy? :)

Vw caddy tdi
Lookers of stockport plates were on my mint r5 raider when I bought it random, car came from kent?

172 Cup
Stockport up north! Placebo talk is understandable but the update has made a clear difference, the most noticable thing is it has woken up my sleepy fuel pump, which never primed at the first time of asking, now it primes on the first key turn or whenever the lines have had chance to de-pressurise. Also it might just be me driving like a penny pincher but my mpg seems to be creeping up too.. All good stuff. Hope this helps somebody, somewhere!