ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updates to my 106 GTI

120d M Sport
I'd love to Luke...gotta be a man of my word though!

Never had this with selling a car before, usually took at least a week before I've heard anything.

Chris, you thinking of selling up?

120d M Sport
Would love it to go to someone on here...

Deal at the weekend could yet fall through anyhow.

Typical to its French nature, the drivers door lock has just this week packed up meaning I'm currently getting in round the passenger side...Not so stylish. Gotta get that sorted before anything happens with it this weekend.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll buy it with the dodgy door, I quite like the Daisy Duke look.

As per Facebook Alex, completely understand keeping your word mate. I'm just going to hope he doesn't go ahead with it/doesn't turn up/breaks down.

Swift Sport
Don't think I ever saw you about in the 106, Alex. Hopefully I'll see you around Cannock in the new purchase. :)

120d M Sport
I'd love your Trophy, I think I commented one of your photos on facebook saying sell it to me when I graduate!

Unfortunately my restricted budget means PH1 time for now.

120d M Sport
Going to have a look at a few on the weekend sir!

Marco, its on 79k but I'm not getting into a debate on the price. There isn't another on the market thats had the amount of work done that this has for the money, simple as. I half think I should have priced it higher with the amount of people that have wanted to come and view it!

Well tbh Id say 79k is low miles for one of these, less than 7k a year! It should be a quick one as well because it will have a single plug ecu :)

120d M Sport
It definetely shifts mate! The four branch manifold coupled with the decat I've got on there has made quite a nice difference too.

Funny that a lot of people rubbish that point you make about the single plug thing. A mates VTS, also a single plug like mine ran 131.5bhp with just a decat and a cone filter on reputable rollers.

For comparison, another mate with a later twin plug GTI ran 135bhp on the same rollers with a full exhaust, 4-2-1 manifold, ecosse air filter kit like mine and the engine was only on ~50k.

Maybe there is some truth in it!

120d M Sport
What did yours go for, Joey, if you don't mind me asking? Similar to mine very tidy and had lots of history as I remember it!

I got £2k in the end, took forever to find a buyer though! I barely had any interest for a good few weeks, mainly because it was a '97 and had done 85k..
Condition-wise it was the best car I've ever owned, had a shed load of history too; shame the new owner seems to be ruining it with morettes & other such distasteful mods. Sigh! :dapprove:

It definetely shifts mate! The four branch manifold coupled with the decat I've got on there has made quite a nice difference too.

Funny that a lot of people rubbish that point you make about the single plug thing. A mates VTS, also a single plug like mine ran 131.5bhp with just a decat and a cone filter on reputable rollers.

For comparison, another mate with a later twin plug GTI ran 135bhp on the same rollers with a full exhaust, 4-2-1 manifold, ecosse air filter kit like mine and the engine was only on ~50k.

Maybe there is some truth in it!
Can you get yours to pop and bang? Ive got 2 different ecus and 1 of them can make shot gun noises on cue :)

120d M Sport
This went today guys, sorry to those who were interested. Looked and sounded mint as it drove off in the sun :(, got the asking price though. Will upload the final pics I took tomorrow.

On the plus side I now have a PH1 172 :D

120d M Sport
Here are the last pics of it I took before I sold up. It was really sunny and quite warm on Saturday when the lad picked it up, so it really looked mint as it drove off:

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

120d M Sport
Spec when I finished with it was:

-Ecosse enclosed induction kit with green cotton filter
-Raceland 421 manifold
-Magnex exhaust system with decat
-266mm caliper and disc setup from a 206 GTI
-Lowered 25mm all round on Bilstein B4 OEM replacement dampers and Eibach Pro-kit springs

Everytime I read this thread I feel like a right dick.

Why the f**k didn't I buy that. Where's the pics of the 172 though?