ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updates to my 106 GTI

120d M Sport
Everytime I read this thread I feel like a right dick.

Why the f**k didn't I buy that. Where's the pics of the 172 though?

I'd have loved to have sold it to you mate. Contrary to what you might think though, good ones like mine do come up...perhaps not as well priced as that was though! Let it go for too little maybe.

Congrats on the new purchase mate, you'll love it! Fancy some night pics of it?

Thanks mate, would love some! Still enjoy browsing back on the ones you did of my Zetec-S!

Get the civic involved too, or the jimny for banter...

Gotta love the rasp at 2.5k on these with a magnex or pugsport on.

Yes, very raspy with the pugsport, I'll link a video up of it!

It's the decat that produces the rasp, less pronounced with the Magnex but more bearable day to day with the middle silencer.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice one on the sale mate.

Your PH1 looks proper tidy going from the FB picture, bet you're chuffed!

120d M Sport
Nice one on the sale mate.

Your PH1 looks proper tidy going from the FB picture, bet you're chuffed!

Sorry I didn't end up doing a deal with you...would have loved to. Hows the new car hunt going?

Not sure i would have got rid of that for a 172, especially a sodding PH1 ... rank interior is rank :(

I'd done all I wanted to do to it Dave (notice how I did all the mods you told me to ;) ) and it was too nice to rip apart and turn into a track car. I'd spent all I wanted to and didn't want to start having to replace more stuff.

It also felt it's age too, even though I freshened a lot of it up, whereas the 172 doesn't. The gearshift is tight, the clutch is meaty and the ride feels sharp and firm...it's had hundreds spent on replacing suspension and steering bits according to invoices from recent years.

Also, I quite like the interior...it's no worse than a 106 inside! I prefer the centre console, white dials and gearknob to what you get in a PH2. Nice to still have a cable operated throttle too :)