ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper engine mount for a track car

172 5HED
I guess what I am trying to find out is whether the Ktec one is worth the extra dollar. Bearing in mind that its going to be given alot of stick on the track as opposed to if it were a road car. Dont want to buy an OEM one and have it break again soon.

Evo 5 RS
If it's a track car, buy them. Not only do they last a damn sight longer but they make the car feel a lot more responsive due to the lack of movement in the bay. A lot of people moan about the excessive cabin vibration but that is either where they're not settled in or not fitted correctly.

If you're talking about your ph1 track car then 100% tbh, they're great. I say them, because purely replacing the top mount especially if they're all old and perished will obviously put strain on your lower mounts

172 5HED
If it's a track car, buy them. Not only do they last a damn sight longer but they make the car feel a lot more responsive due to the lack of movement in the bay. A lot of people moan about the excessive cabin vibration but that is either where they're not settled in or not fitted correctly.

If you're talking about your ph1 track car then 100% tbh, they're great. I say them, because purely replacing the top mount especially if they're all old and perished will obviously put strain on your lower mounts

Thanks mate, will get one ordered today then once I tell the other two how much they need to cough up ;)

I may get the powerflex lower bushes too. Is it a PITA getting the OEM ones out?

21 Turbo
I use em on my road car and think they are well worth the wedge. Sure little more cabin noise at idle, however its a very different kettle of fish on the move.

ITB'd MK1
you need neither a press or fire to do the dogbone, thats complete nonsense.

Do the pair of uppers, or neither or you'll have issues with one side moving massively more than the other

172 5HED
you need neither a press or fire to do the dogbone, thats complete nonsense.

Do the pair of uppers, or neither or you'll have issues with one side moving massively more than the other

Bugger..... How much are the passenger side ones mate?

I need to get the drivers side as we snapped it at Anglesey on Sat!

Last edited:
I ran the uprated upper engine mount with the standard upper gearbox mount for about a month and yesterday I found the upper gearbox mount (battery tray bit) had snapped. lol

I'm only presuming it's related like.