ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT Engine misfiring and overfuelling, emissions light flashing.

Following up to a post made earlier in the fault section, just took the car round the block slowly and it pops/bangs at different times for no apparent reason (even though the reason is clearly overfueling) and it feels very down on power (due to the misfire). I really want to get this sorted out tomorrow and want to know whether I should go for a new coil pack or a new lamba sensor. The light was coming on and staying on (not flashing) recently but went off shortly after, then suddenly this started happening today. Really looking for some answers, if it could be lambda does anyone know how to access the precat one? I've got a trolley jack and some axle stands but will that give me enough access to get to it? Appreciate your comments.

Monaco Clio 172
when my pre cat lambda went it didnt throw up a light. access to it is limited especially if you have to heat it up to get it out. New coil packs are cheaper than lambda too so you could try that first.

RS RIP
could also be an injector, just solved it on mine. After changing the leads, coilpack and battery :( costly trouble-shooting but ah well it needed a new battery anyway !

Ok well it feels like the car is in "Limp Mode" as everyone seems to talk about it i've never seen it but i'd imagine that this is it. In the instruction manual is says that when this occurs to reduce the engine speed until it stops, but it does it on idle so the only way you can stop it is turn the car off lol not ideal. When you took the faulty injector out how did you pinpoint which one it was? Might try and find a coilpack today but i doubt anywhere is open :(

Monaco Clio 172
i doubt you will find one today. if you have got a gsf near you im sure there bout £20 but that will be tomoz

Monaco Clio 172
its tight. i just took the cat out and did it

could do with extra pair of hands for the manifold to cat bolts

Get someone to diagnostic check it. I had this problem, and thought it was the Lambda, however upon taking it to a garage, it was registering misfire on cylinder three, so changed spark plugs and ignition coil, and runs perfect now.

It's funny you say that as i have just changed the coil pack TODAY and no change, the spark plugs were new at a service recently at 519 automotive aswell. I'm baffled.

It's the tip of the two sensors that is totally different trust me, one is very chunky and the other is longer and thin, there's not much difference in the length of the cable, i've swapped them round now so you clearly can (the cables are long enough), i took them to a mate and he told me that one is bosch and one is ngk which is why they look different. This didn't solve the problem and neither did a new coil pack so i'm stuck now really.

Try doing the spark plugs mate, that's what it was for me.
Yea the difference in the tips will just be because they're different brands. Apparently Bosch are best for Clio's I read on here somewhere