ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent starting help needed please

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi
i drove my car, turned it off, started fine and moved it a short distance, Turned the car off, go to start it again and won't start. It is cranking 4-5 times and then stopping. No amount of attempts will get it started.
The dash lights up as so when it is cranking but not firing.
33999AAD-C75E-447B-9A31-8F239B872FE9.gif

Please help, I'm stuck!!!

2014 Clio 200t edc
It has also sat for an hour and still nothing. The immobiliser light flashes normally but then goes solid when trying to start.
It's worth adding that everything else is fine, windows, locking, lights, radio.

clio 182
Had this problem with my 182 few months back ,solid immobiliser light , it was electrical fault , pretty sure it was the uch at fault cant quite remember

clio 182
Had to take it to a auto electrcian , lucky enough he's a mate of mine took him two weeks to find the problem but he was busy with other cars , if your immobiliser lights is staying solid thats your problem , unlickely it's the tdc

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Cant be much help but here are some things to try : the other key, if it is cranking but not catching and not just making the ticking sounds it does sound like the immobiliser, also try pressing on the accelerator when you crank it. Also try putting the key in turning to position 2 leaving it for 15 secs so all lights go off from dash and then try cranking it. disconnect battery for a few minutes and reconnect. wont be the tdc if it stops cranking after 5 seconds. Also tomorrow search for gearbox earth strap and check yours.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Thanks for your replies.
I read about turning ignition on for 30 seconds, then off for 30, then back on then off, so thought I'll go and see if there's any earth cables I can check and give that a go.
I got in the car, tried to start it and nothing. Then I tried the turning the ignition on and off thing, and it worked!! Not sure what it does or how it worked but it has several times, enough for me to drive my wife's car home, walk back to the car and drive it back. It is still starting now.
What on earth happened? What will happen next?

2014 Clio 200t edc
And to update, go out this morning to the car, jump in, put key in ignition and away she goes. No hesitation, nothing. Only thing I noticed last night was that she was holding back a little bit only for the first 5 minutes of the journey. Connected or just because it was very cold?

renault clio 197
My Clio 1.4 mk2 ph2 has been doing this on and off since November and has been unstartable since boxing day. I've tried decoder ring ecu UCH but this didnt work and i searched for an earth strap on the gearbox to chasis but couldnt find one do all clios have an earth strap or just the sports? Tried the 30secinds on and off thing and still doesn't start?

KMW

Clio 182
My 182 is doing this too, parked up on Friday tried it yesterday and today but bliming thing won't start. Parked in a private car parking space as well so getting grief from owner!
Will try the key trick tomorrow and hope fully it'll start!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Well I'm not going to say anything to jinx it, but try the key thing. ;) fingers crossed for you mate, because it's bloody annoying!!

KMW

Clio 182
Bloody batteries flat now! It's fcuking snowing and I've had it with the piece of merde!....
Gonna have a proper go at it tomorrow hopefully or try n tow the bloody thing home.

KMW

Clio 182
Success! Jumped started the little Gallic pocket rocket from my M5 this afternoon, wee bugger cranked and stared on the first turn of the key.
Clearly my battery is shagged and not giving out enough juice to kick the sophisticated Renault Sport electronics in the guts.
So happy as I've missed the little thing and I hate using my good car in the snow (plus it's rubbish in even a dusting of the white shite).
Trip to shops at some point tomorrow for new battery on the cards.