ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

usual saturday afternoon for many RS clio owners....

clio 182
IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

FFS! after breaking down and having a new coil pack and (I was told) 1 sparkie changed fitted about 2 months ago, guess what happened!

car sounded like an impreza again! fook sake! pulled up to some lights and the emmissons light started flashing just like it did 2 months ago. but strangely no loss of power.... so i limped it home having checked i got home start on AA and phoned them. turned up after about 45mins. explained to him the problem and told him about the last time it broke down and what fixed it. after looking and fiddling with coil pack he said that it wasnt that and that it could be the spark plugs or injector as the computer code was saying "cycinder 1 misfire" after fooking about n trying to get the inlet off get got the sparkies out and finding that on of the spark plug lead was trapped between too bits of metal on cycinder 1 and it had nearly cut thru the wire, i was abit pissed off as the garage who fixed it must of trapped the wire, he checked all the sparkies and he couldnt work out which one they had changed so did they actually change one!? who knows. a phone call to the garage 1st thing monday will be in order! he advised me to change all the sparkies as they were NGK ones and he said french cars dont like NGK n work better on french plugs. quick phone call to halford for some "champion" plugs as he had a traders card = half price and 20mins later i had a running car! :D

TOP TIP, he said i would stay clear of CHAMPION spark plugs n use NGK ones but on french cars they dont seem to like NGK. and he said to always use CHAMPION plugs.

dunno if its me but it seems to run smoother now..

clio 182
yeah, the AA guy said so, he hasnt anything to gain from telling me wrong so i beleaved him. said the amount of problems he's seen with french cars running NKG plugs and he would use champion all day long in french cars. like i said, seems to run smoother..

clio 182
did a quick search on here and people seem to bum NGK.... mine seems to be running smoother now on different sparkies

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
true but their is a renault tech note out about the F4R and only to use NGK PFR6E-10 dont know if its the cat killing issue that caused them to issue it or just the other engine related issues

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yeah, the AA guy said so, he hasnt anything to gain from telling me wrong so i beleaved him. said the amount of problems he's seen with french cars running NKG plugs and he would use champion all day long in french cars. like i said, seems to run smoother..

RS has to use NGK. Is a french car but made in england right?

Regards

clio 182
true but their is a renault tech note out about the F4R and only to use NGK PFR6E-10 dont know if its the cat killing issue that caused them to issue it or just the other engine related issues

ive got a custom cat not standard... if problems occur they do, due a service in june/july so ill find out more then i guess

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If u order oe plugs from renault dealer they are NGK in a renault box ! Who's the garage who changed one ? Should never change just one plug IMO.

clio 182
ngk is thes best plugs for the car in my opinion. u didnt clean ur engine bay with any liquid did u?
nope. Will just b the normal rain getting in there. Guess ifu do the water gets somewhere?

its nothing to do with the renault cat its the fact the engine if not used with the correct plugs wont give a clean burn killing cats

Ok may be I should get them changed?

If u order oe plugs from renault dealer they are NGK in a renault box ! Who's the garage who changed one ? Should never change just one plug IMO.

eddie wrights in scunny. That's what I gota try n sort out in the morning. Weather they changed one or the set

n/a
yeh the water will get in well it did on mine matey, my dad thought he'd be a hero and clean my engine bay with a little bit of water and had to get the leads and plugs changed again!

clio 182
Might have to get them changed again then. Will get them
done at service. If I haven't broken down before then! Lol

Golf GT TDI
my ngk plugs were changed at 74k for another set of oem ngks

there was absolutely nothing wrong with the ones i removed, excelent plugs imo

clio 182
So what do people think I should do about the plugs? Champions in at the mo or should I put the old ngk plugs bk in? Know may be one of them could b dodgey?

clio 182
Replace them then? I don't feel comfedent enough to replace them myself which means paying for some1 to fit them. Don't really have the money to buy new plugs

Lionel Richie
run it as it is, if it c***s up change them for the proper ones

next time ask on here first before listening to the AA or any other einstein mechanic that doesn't know about them

clio 182
Cheers I will do. Didn't have chance to check really. If they replace them in the service for free n let them do it

clio 182
After going in and kicking up a fuss. Coz it was there fault they trapped a lead which cause me to breakdown so they gave me a free service n mot for next time it's due which is in the next couple of months.:approve: