ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 at Carrington

PH1 WANTED
Has this car been brought by anyone on here?

This V6 was mine three months ago and was sold to the guy who was going to get it track ready. Clearly he hasnt done that.

Cant believe how cheap its being sold for. I sold it for 16300. It was due for a service soon and it also needed an MOT in August.

It doesnt mention on the Ad i dont think but i was fitted with Venturesheild to stop the stone chips.

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/167/carrington.htm

PH1 WANTED
There is alot of owners on the car but it was in good condition. Ive read the other thread but i dont have access to write on it.

I doubt its been written off but you never know. The guy was going to be using it as track car.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hugely cheap for a black gold Ph2, and it's a low miler! The market for Vee's was starting to scare me, quite happy I managed to shift mine for top dollar when I did...

PH1 WANTED
And me especially seeing what its selling for now. I made 100 pound when I sold it after 6 months!

It is very cheap, I don't kbow why though unless it's been cat d'd since you had it, or unless the dealer just wants a quick sale ?

PH1 WANTED
I cant believe it but your right it may now be a Cat D. Wouldnt they have to advertise it as a Cat D Tho?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Nah it won't be a Cat D, it's obviously not that type of dealers 'usual' stock, and it's holding a lot of capital for them - which as a small time place isn't the best - so they'll want shot of it quickly.

PH1 WANTED
It was well look after with very few marks. The front end was re-sprayed whilst i had it so someone should get a decent car. Plus the front wings and bumper are covered with a stone protector.

Needs a service tho as it hasnt been done since 20,000 miles

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The guy must have had serious cash to play with if he was gonna prepare it for track use

Hmmm, not necessarily, might have been a bit of a dreamer, or might have got a shock when he saw parts/service prices (thinking about the cambelt - and clutch if he's tracking it - especially with the Mk2 clutch been a lot weaker than the Mk1). But Bayliss and his mate, and that guy with the username Stoney on YouTube, he's on here too but I can't remember his username, both frequently track theirs with no mods - and both reckon they're fine as standard.

Dan

Edit - He turned up in an SLR heh - so it obviously wasn't a short on funds this - unless he's just had a business deal go sour and it's all gone and been re-possessed? Or maybe he just didn't like it!