ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver lowering

whats best set up on valver? some people say 15mm higher at the back others say higher at thre front??? any ideas? am lookin at 50mm all round with boot build (ads weight) with standard hight but gas shocks!!! :confused:

standard ride height is best.

the back wants to be higher than the front to maintain any kind of handling, higher at the front and it will look sh*te and put you in a hedge...

Im no expert, but from a laymans point of view its best to have the back slightly higher than the front to keep the handling characteristics of the car. I lowered the back of my old 1.2 to the floor and regretted it as it messed the handling up big time (not to be confused with grip).

It was a mistake I took heed of when I had my 16V lowered more at the front than the back, although that in itself wasnt the best set-up ever for my needs (Welsh B-roads).

My Williams suspension is standard and I think superior to lowering because the "extra" suspension travel is really handy on bumpy B-roads (which is why I buy cars like the 16V and Willy). Make no mistake, the Williams is a LOT quicker point to point than my Valver was - and thats not just to with the extra grunt and different suspension setup. A lot is down to the extra give in the setup, which wont bottom out all time time. If it does bottom out, the braking and handling are really messed up and its how a lot of people end up in hedges IMO!

In mountain bike suspension the jist is that quality is better than quantity of suspension (of course!). Nontheless, a short-travel suspension bike is best suited for a smooth riding style for many riders, while longer travel gives added control and stability. For many - including myself - a bike with little or no travel can be extremely rewarding, but requires much greater skill, is less forgiving on the body and effectively limits some terrain choices.

Its all the same with cars too! ;) Just look at a track and rally car (no and masses of suspension travel respecively!).

and if you buy a Norco the suspention snaps the derailler off and you have to walk 15miles back to the car....

its right though, uprated dampers on a standard ride ehight is far better than just lowereing and hoping for the best, took me ages to get my suspention right, and its all trial and error anyway. id drop it a little if you have to but not to much... i regretted doing mine.