ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver not starting. PLEASE HELP

just after any idea or a common occuring fault.

went to start my car last night and it wont start! its turning over but just not catching at all. my thought at the mo is that it sound like the immobiliser that u can switch on/off under the bonnet is not workin.

any ideas of how to sort of other possible things that could have gone wrong would be much appreciated.

cheers

Pete

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

yes sounds exactly like mine and it took me about three days to find the fault! in the end turned out to be the immobiliser! if i were you I would disconnect it all together and then it should start!

no hasnt been sitting around undriven. is driven 3/4 times a week.

would it still work if a few of the spark plugs are ok? might just change them all and c if it makes a diff!

how do you go about disconnecting the immobiliser as know if u just cut the wires doesnt it do something?

thanks a lot

Pete

Pete, is it standard immobiliser? Have you tried locking and then unlocking it via remote on the key fob as couple of times? I know that sounds obvious but i forgot to do this once and so my engine would never start until i realised i had to lock and unlock it again!! Took me three hours to realise !! Im a knob!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

First things first. Check to see if its sparking. If yes then check fuel pressure should be ~3 bar. If its doesnt have pressure then check if the fuel pump is arming or not.

To me it does sound like an immobiliser though.

is not the immobiliser on the key fob. yea checked this and know what that sounds like when it cuts out as done it b4!

but there is another immobiliser under the bonnet, by the washer fluid bottle that u can use a key to turn on and off. i never use it but the sound sounds so much like an immobiliser and deff know its not the other one.

am going to check if there is a spark, but as said really think its the immobiliser.

anyone know who to bypass the standard immobiliser under the bonnet or is it a thing that i am going to have to take it to renault to do?

cheers Pete

Dont take it to renault mate - get a vehicle electrician out - is your fuel pump kicking in? Check to see if there is a click when you try and start her.....

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate when you first turn the ignition on, the rev meter should do a little girk,

If I were you I would take the fuse out for the immobiliser wait for a bit and then replace it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

check the tdc sensor. should have a resistance of about 250ohms when checking with a multimeter.

I have the very same problem. Mine has been sitting for a while. How can I check the fuel pressure?

Also, I havnt got a manual. Which is the fuse for the immobiliser?

Thanks,

David