ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibrating steering wheel

Non Sport Megane
Right was on the motorway at the weekend, and noticed when i gave it the beans, and sat at about 75/80, that my steering wheel vibrated quite badly!
What could be causing this?
Is it something as simple as my wheels need balancing? and aligning? or something worse?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Definitely wheel balance. It will always show up at motorway speeds if any wheels need balancing especially on the front. Also if the wheel has any dents or is twisted then that will cause bad vibration.

387bhp RB Trophy SC
Either a weight has fallen off your front wheel or buckled so you need to get you wheels re-balancing just the front realy but I like my backs balancing as well.

Clio 182 FF
After changing tyres I had bad vibrations that came on at 70, were worse at 80, but then disappeared above [on my private driveway ;)].

I took it to a more upmarket/performance tyre fitters who re-balanced the wheels using the fancy Hunter GSP9700 Road Force balancer and that sorted it out :cool:.

Now my PE2’s are nearly worn I’m gonna take it straight to the place with the fancy Hunter balancer for PS3’s to be fitted, rather than first taking it to the local and then finding that they’ve balanced it wrong again and having to pay the people with the Hunter to fix their mistake again :mad:.