ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper pipercross induction kit on the 172

172 MKII FF
The 172 i bought came with a Viper on it, i can't really comment on how it sounds compared to a normal Clio air filter because I don't know what a normal one sounds like in comparison. But, it does look good :).

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
  RS RIP
when fitted correctly, Vipers have proven to gain performance.

I'm never buying one again but hey, ;)

Had one on my Saxo, did'nt like the way the garage mounted it. I re-mounted it with the CAF facing forward ; did some cutting so it would end up behind my grill.

This way it was actually noticable that i was driving round with a 200pound IK filter. The peformance was better after PROPER fitting... by myself :approve:

Anyway , my next move is to try a Mk1 airbox with ITG filter and change the CAFs for little bigger size. I've grown confident in finding good fitting sollutions

Had one on my 172 and didn't rate it one bit.

Came off after 2 months.

If your going to get something like a Viper then you may as well go straight for the Maxogen, granted its more expensive but you won't find may unhappy Maxogen oweners.

clio 172
i was wanting the pipercross viper but after reading the comments, think i will stick to my K&N 57i kit sounds amazing when you open up. no gains tho, just noise. comments from my friends "it sounds nuts"

Lionel Richie
4bhp PROVEN gain with viper on a mk2 172
13bhp total gain with exhaust,viper and remap PROVEN

but the maxogen is better because

a) it costs more
b) cliosport say so
c) it looks pretty

;)