ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

virgin cars

Has anyone here had a decent buying experience with them? I found them the biggest collection of t**sers anyone has ever assembled into a single call centre. I ordered one of their import 182s in mid June which was going for 11,595 (which when you add £300 for metallic paint plus road tax etc goes up to about £12,100). When I asked them if they were going to knock off the £300 for the metallic paint (since I wanted the non-metallic racing blue) they informed me that they had the racing blue in stock and therefore I could have it immediately, except that it was a UK car and that it cost more (£12,500). I agreed - more because I could have it straight away than because it was a UK car - and put £700 deposit down. It turned out their straight away meant the 1st of July, which then changed to the 14th of July, which then changed to 28th of July, which then changed to 1st week of September. On Wednesday I cancelled the deal, rang Motorprovider who had 2 in stock (a black and a silver one) and I went for the black (originally I couldnt make up my mind between racing blue and black!), which Im picking up today! Virgin just messed me around for 6 weeks and never even apologised for it! If I were you, Id steer well clear of the wide boys they pass for salespeople. Im glad that I found this forum though, because it kept me going while waiting for the ghost in-stock car that was never going to arrive! So, thanks guys for your posts. Cheers everyone!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Thats exactly what happened to me!!!! when we ordered a 206GTi

ordered end of April and paid the £500 deposit with a 12 week lead time so should have it 1st Aug on new plate. it then got put back til Sept then October and to cut a very long story short it arrived 23 December. This isnt the end!!!!!........ they said the delay was due to no stock at the factory and it had to be built special....anyway it looked as though it had been sitting in a field for months, the plastic trim around the screen was going green!! it had the wrong alloys and no alarm ( which they said it would have).

Refused the delivery and demanded my deposit back...they said no so I called there bluff and said I have the VIN no of the car and I will contact Peugeot to find out when it was built ....Oh, they said.....the money will be credited back to your account.

1st class t**serS!!!! for sure steer well clear!!!!

27the Dec went to Motorpoint, saw 172, collected 5 days later....now thats service!!!!

Yaris Hybrid

Christ how many Titanium 182s do motorpoint have in stock?!?!

Why the hell am I having to wait until October for one??????

Yet more anger at Renault. How come motorpoint have shed loads yet a proper Renault dealer cant get you one for love nor money???

Two blokes at work used them, one wanted a tdci focus and was dicked about loads waiting for it, his Fiesta came quite quickly though. Another bloke had a top of the range Mondeo off of them and there was a bit of lack of communication but he managed to get his with not too much of a fuss.