ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VO54 Ffz new owner

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Once you remove the mobility accessories, it's a nice car.
I wouldn't worry about it tbh, just needs some TLC.

Clio 172
I'd make a thread on the car detailing it's current condition and any work you do to it. Then when/if you come to sell you can show people that although it's had a chequered history it's now just as good as any other RS. Plus it is in LY and has sat nav.

As long as the car drives well I dont see the issue, it's not like the 172 engine was a bad engine! How many other Clio's now have different engines/gearboxes, the number will only increase with time.

I wouldn't be put off buying this car in the future aslong as it's reasonably priced. That you was the original issue and how this car got its reputation IMO, someone was trying ti sell it for way over the odds knowing the issues.

Reactions: Ad
  Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Take a pic of the engine bay.

Its done 30K miles since that report from fred. May have a 182 engine in it now

Does it really matter if it's a 172 or 182 engine?? They're near enough the same bloody thing! No point fitting a 182 engine. Just get someone reputable to check over it, get the mobility bits removed then just maintain it like any other car.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
If this is all true, and not a load of troll b****cks - then it can't be that bad, it's done 30k miles since Fred saw it...

Reactions: Gus
Only talking about this recently.. !

Echo'd as above Leon.. you should start a project thread on it and make it a minter.. I would love to have it myself, just look at my project thread to see how mine was!

All it needs is a few changes to get it going:

Full polish up and clean
New number plates and decent bulbs
Decent suspension set up
Wheel change/freshen up
Bin the disabled remains
The engine will be the same.. or make it a hero and chuck a turbo on it!

Clio 200 full fat
I think these guys are right keep and clean it up :) isn't this also the only ly with sat-nav ?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's probably the principle that it was originally sold (I think) to the owner before without being told about the modifications. I've bought a car before with it having loads of hidden issues like that and it just removes your trust in it as you really start to question what you've purchased.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldnt worry about it, just drive it. It isnt as if you have spent 10k. You have spent 3k on a clio which no matter what, will bring you enjoyment when driving.

The amount of clios on here that arent as genuine as owners make out will be a massive % anyway.

you would still get 2k for that in 1-2 years time anyway. Saving grace with this is that its LY, if it was any other colour it would be a different story.

Welcome to CS, enjoy.

clio 182
So like i said she has now got 67,000 miles on the clock and my M.O.T is due 4 march and i will do the service before hand. She drives without a hitch. Ive had her since september now and i've had no issues with. Body work is in brilliant condition. But i shall let you guys know how all that goes at the end of the month :smile:

Attachments

• CSC_0153.JPG
    CSC_0153.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 642
  • DSC_0123.JPG
    DSC_0123.JPG
    789 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice, gutted for you a bit but as mentioned if it drives fine and you are enjoying the car then good stuff.

Main problem will be when you come to sell imo, even if its fine people will still steer clear because of the history on here etc.