ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wanted - slr camera advice

Shhh
look for a digital slr camera, but also one that is good enough for wedding albums, but also good on the pocket.

anyone recommend any setups for a complete novice.?

canon 400d but thats because i have one tbh its great

tbh you only choices are canon and nikon but be carefull as what ever you choose you are stuck with that choice for ever basically (unless your really really rich )

are you any good at taking photos then ?

out wedding photographer shoots a 1dmk 2 and L glass only

alot use 5d's but again L glass only

tbh you cant do wedding unless your any good as if you f**k it up the bride WILL kill you lol

Shhh
was looking for a wedding photographer, someone suggested a local college with photography courses who need the practise..

im not bothered as most of the family have over 6MP cameras, so getting pictures is not a problem, just large sharp pictures will be.

Some clown wanted £595 for 2 hours work, and to still own the copyright on the pictures..

I explained it was £100 per hour plus prints, or it was £300 for the whole thing burnt onto cd for me to do what i like..

we never struck a deal, ah well.. he's the clown sat in at home on a november afternoon whilst im out getting smashed for free.. :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I was at a wedding the other day and the photographer they hired was using a pissy little 350d!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
a pissy little 350d? jeez talk about snobbery, thats more than good enough

Ours were all done on SLR (not digital) and they look great!

was looking for a wedding photographer, someone suggested a local college with photography courses who need the practise..

im not bothered as most of the family have over 6MP cameras, so getting pictures is not a problem, just large sharp pictures will be.

Some clown wanted £595 for 2 hours work, and to still own the copyright on the pictures..

I explained it was £100 per hour plus prints, or it was £300 for the whole thing burnt onto cd for me to do what i like..

we never struck a deal, ah well.. he's the clown sat in at home on a november afternoon whilst im out getting smashed for free.. :)

ours is costing 1600 and he sill owns the copyright and we only get 70 pictures in the album

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
jesus what a rip off. ours was £1300, and he was there for 12 hours, and we got 600 photos!

we get all the photos but only 70 in the album

we have him for 2 days really

he is supposed to be doing some engagement shots the night before and he is doing from the getting ready to the evening we also have 2 photographers so fingers crossed they actually get something good lol

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
a pissy little 350d? jeez talk about snobbery, thats more than good enough
I wasn't having a go specifically at the camera :p
Just that i wouldn't expect a professional photographer to show up at someone's wedding using an entry level camera.

A red missile
tbh the cameras are much of a muchness its the glass that does it

Echo that totally, take a look at my pics in this thread from a while back ,they were all shot on a 300D as the 5D I had out there died on me, the 300D is old, slow and 6.1mp, but stick a decent bit of L glass on it and the results are fairly good :)

Any DLSR will give good pics these days from the cheaper ones right up to the 1dsMKIII, and if you can afford one of those you've got too much money!!