ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water spot removal

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
It decided to rain yesterday and then be sunny straight away, resulting in a lot of water spots on my car. I've given it a wash tonight with AF Lather and a quick coat of Werkstat Acryllic. I've managed to reduce them greatly, but they are still there, as seen in the pics below.

IMG_2361_zps61b6a9af.jpg

IMG_2362_zps5cc6a98e.jpg

IMG_2360_zps5b1076d6.jpg

IMG_2358_zpsbbb360b1.jpg

IMG_2359_zps12ac018b.jpg

The ones on the glass came off with a bit of elbow grease and some AF Crystal, but the ones on the paintwork don't want to budge. I reckon with some elbow grease they will come off, but I don't want to marr the paintwork. Is there any alternative to claying and/or polishing to remove them? As I don't want to remove the Collonite that I applied only a week ago after polishing. Or is this the only solution?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. Have you used it before Dave?

The closest thing to a QD I have atm is Autosmart Reglaze, but this did not seem to make much of a difference.

BG182ff,explod Focus
If the water spots are due to living in a hard water area then they will be limescale and therefore incredibly abrasive.
A weak acid like fresh lemon juice should loosen it so that it can be dabbed rather than rubbed to remove the mark without causing any scratches.
At least that's what Aggie and Kim would say.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm in a pretty water area and typically a good QD removes most marks after poor rinsing and drying during sunny periods.

Not used spotless yet, but more than likely get some with my next order now I have a black car

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't read anything about the new CarPro product yet, but I'd imagine it's ideal.

If not, Britemax #6 is very good for water spots.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Carpro spotless! It's an absolute life saver. I had to carry out a full detail in direct sun (23 degrees) and the car was ten times worse. Spotless did a fab job & is now always in my boot!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Sold!

Do you need to apply with an applicator as per the instructions, or does it work by spraying on and then buffing with a microfibre?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I 're wash a panel at a time. Apply via mitt/sponge. U can feel it cutting into the spots. Then rinse & dry! Amazing product imo

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. Thanks Dave and Dawn for the recommendation.

CarPro Spotless worked a treat. The bonnet needed 2 applications and some spots needed a firmer rub, but my paintwork is now water spot free!

LY 200 EDC LUX
I've found using 2 people with megs towels works best. Literally as soon as its rinsed, crack on at light speed before it gets a chance to dry

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Grrrr. It rained today and the sun came out straight away afterwards whilst at work, and all my hard work last night is ruined. Water spots everywhere again!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
at least it won't be hard water marks

My car has been covered in dust, and after a quick shower just now the black paint is looking aweful but it can stay like that till the weekend.