ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weathered lights

1.2 16v clio sport
My front lights on my M2 Phase1 are looking really weathered, has anybody got any advice to restore them?

Megane R26
They can be polished with a rotary and compound to restore them quite easily and quickly

1.2 16v clio sport
Cheers for the link for that guide, i am a tiny bit worried i might make them worse than they are at the moment, can you really polish out all the scratches made my 800,1200 wet and dry?

You can either sand then polish with a machine polisher, or you can just machine polish (the latter obviously taking much longer!)

For you boys down south;

http://www.jmstuning.co.uk/

Go to services and click on the headlight correction.

For devnet, my misses lives in Croydon, next time I am down I could bring the porter cable polisher and have a bash lol!

1.2 16v clio sport
cheers for the offer JD, i think i will have ago myself this weekend, but if i cant get rid of it i will message you if its alright. Is this a common problem?

Black 197
Croydon you say JD...

Seeing some of your cleaning threads and the outcomes damn fine mate..

when your down next bring your bucke and wash mit and you can give mine the once over pmsl...

You know it makes sense

Evo 8 MR
What do you do if you don't have a machine polisher, is it possible with just sandpaper?

Black 197
What do you do if you don't have a machine polisher, is it possible with just sandpaper?

No not really because when you sand you'll make the lense rough while sanding out the defects, You'll need a machine polisher to polish it back up to a good finish...

Evo 8 MR
I've no shortage of that, what polish would I need? I've got a swirl cutter will that do?