ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet plugs and Misfire and Eml

Hello all
Just a quick one. After being sat for about 3 weeks I fired the car up today and had the Eml flashing at me. Put code reader on and it gave me PO302 misfire on cylinder 2 so decided to check plugs, leads etc etc. The plugs had some water around them so cleaned them off dried any water, rag in plug well etc etc and put them back in order I took them out and cleared codes.
Car ran fine for 5 minutes then flashing Eml again but this time was PO303 logged on reader and a burning smell followed by solid red light on ignition and non starting
Any thoughts ?

PH2 172
Hello all
Just a quick one. After being sat for about 3 weeks I fired the car up today and had the Eml flashing at me. Put code reader on and it gave me PO302 misfire on cylinder 2 so decided to check plugs, leads etc etc. The plugs had some water around them so cleaned them off dried any water, rag in plug well etc etc and put them back in order I took them out and cleared codes.
Car ran fine for 5 minutes then flashing Eml again but this time was PO303 logged on reader and a burning smell followed by solid red light on ignition and non starting
Any thoughts ?

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/p0302.632615/

Is the solid red light the immobiliser at the top between service & stop?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Could have moisture in a connector somewhere. Try removing the big white plug at the bottom of the fuse box/relays under the bonnet and cleaning it up with some contact cleaner, and ensuring it is dry. Also check all your earth connections while your there, and make sure that the key your using hasn't lost sync with the car, try a spare if you've got one.

Right it fired up ok with no codes but now the temp gauge isn’t moving. Sat on idle for 25 mins and never moved once. Also sounds like the throttle body is buzzing like crazy

PH2 172
It was more in relation to the rest of the issues but thanks for your input...

Right it fired up ok with no codes but now the temp gauge isn’t moving. Sat on idle for 25 mins and never moved once. Also sounds like the throttle body is buzzing like crazy

Throttle bodies buzz all the time, it`s just that you never notice until you start looking for problems.
You spoke of water round your plugs, is your coolant level normal?
Have all your other lights returned to normal?
Also we have got to post 10 without revealing the car you have?

Ok I’ll give you that one lol.
It’s a 182 2004
Yes coolant is full up.
All lights are working just temp gauge not moving at all and strong sulphur smell which I’m thinking is the cat from the misfire

PH2 172
Ok I’ll give you that one lol.
It’s a 182 2004
Yes coolant is full up.
All lights are working just temp gauge not moving at all and strong sulphur smell which I’m thinking is the cat from the misfire

It would seem that it`s too cold out to get hot on tick over, it`s definitely too cold to be fixing cars.
If you have read a few threads, then you will have realised it`s 99% sure to be an injector(s) or the connections to them, that`s what the codes indicated.
I`ll put this up as an example, please lets not take 37 posts to get there.
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/182-misfire-whats-causing-it.807438/