ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What am I doing wrong with my foam lance?

Black Gold Trophy
Hi all I have this foam lance
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/gilmour-foamaster-ii/prod_329.html

And I'm using super snow foam, however the foam never looks like the car has been snowed on as some of the videos on youtube etc do.
The foam is still very watery, what am I doing wrong?

Do I need to use a pressure washer lance or something?

Also what is the stuff that people are spraying their wheel arches with, some sort of detergent that dissolves all the dirt?

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
That foam lance is meant to be used with just the hose yes.
The ones that you may be thinking of are these:http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-lance-various-fittings/prod_371.html
They are on youtube and produce loads of foam

Have you got the mix on full? As the Gilmours are still meant to be pretty good.

As for wheel arches i find the foam lance above good with super snow foam and then the pressure washer.
And for extra cleaniness (If i can be bothered) i use and APC (All Purpose Cleaner) like this:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-amp-exterior/meguiars-all-purpose-cleaner/prod_321.html
Very useful for everything as you may have guess by the name;)

Black Gold Trophy
Yeah it is pretty good, but I end up using a lot more of the super snow foam detergent because the foam runs off the body work.
May have to fork out another £45 and get the pressure washer lance, having said that theres some pressure washers knocking about on ebay with a lance included for like £25!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Snow foam lance from i4detailing, and power karcher PW results..

1sep08034.jpg

1sep08034.jpg

How much foam did you put in the 1 litre bottle for that result?
I put in just over 50mm of foam cleaner and had to keep shaking the bottle while spraying to get some foam on the car!
A right ball ache..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

1sep08034.jpg

How much foam did you put in the 1 litre bottle for that result?
I put in just over 50mm of foam cleaner and had to keep shaking the bottle while spraying to get some foam on the car!
A right ball ache..

That was 1 inch of snow foam, and a splash of megs shampoo, the rest of the bottle was filled with warm water.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I tent to use 1/2 on pre soak, Rinse it off and then give it another coat then wipe it over with a lambs wool mitt before rinsing with the PW again.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The Gilmours don't give as many suds as the pressure washer versions, but if you use a stronger ration they will still foam really well. They do give a slippier foam which isn't necesarrily a bad thing a sthey draw the dirt off the surface as it does so, which is the biggest plus of using a pre-wash.

This is a Gilmour with a good mix of Maxi Suds:

P3302815.jpg

If you are considering a pressure washer at some point, our foam lance will give results like posted above and better.

P7123300.jpg

Clio MK 4
The Gilmours don't give as many suds as the pressure washer versions, but if you use a stronger ration they will still foam really well. They do give a slippier foam which isn't necesarrily a bad thing a sthey draw the dirt off the surface as it does so, which is the biggest plus of using a pre-wash.

This is a Gilmour with a good mix of Maxi Suds:

P3302815.jpg

If you are considering a pressure washer at some point, our foam lance will give results like posted above and better.

P7123300.jpg

mine looks like the above all the time and all i use is my karcher with Autobrite lancer and put in about 2 cms of super snow foam and rest is filled with warm water. Job done. Works amazingly everytime