ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are the best seats to put in my 182?

I wanted some advice and comments really,
im thinking of taking out my rear cup bench and replacing the front seats but not sure which ones to get.

I have a couple of options,
get the 182 FF front seats,
get the clio trophy front seats,
or other bucket seats and if so which ones are known to look good in the clio?

any advice or pics would be helpfull,
thanks Louise. :)

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
My car has the Recaro (Trophy) front seats but Renault paired this with the Cup rear bench as part of the seating upgrade. The front seats look ace and are comfy but the rears look a bit odd being different trim.

I was told that the leather on the standard Clio 182 interior is different to the Trophy seats hence downgrading the rears to avoid a leather mis-match.

If you want everything to match, get the Clio 182 leather interior or get Trophy front seats and get everything else trimmed to match. Alternatively, install 2 Trophy seats and leave the rear stripped out.

koi

Audi S1
Wouldn't bother with the 182 FF front seats if you're after more support as they are exactly the same as teh ones in the cup, just trimmed in leather

clio rs
i quite like the r5 seats - not sure if they will fit but look really sporty - better than cup seats for sure

M2 Competition
My car has the Recaro (Trophy) front seats but Renault paired this with the Cup rear bench as part of the seating upgrade. The front seats look ace and are comfy but the rears look a bit odd being different trim.

I was told that the leather on the standard Clio 182 interior is different to the Trophy seats hence downgrading the rears to avoid a leather mis-match.

If you want everything to match, get the Clio 182 leather interior or get Trophy front seats and get everything else trimmed to match. Alternatively, install 2 Trophy seats and leave the rear stripped out.

The rear bench is practically the same as the material used on the recaros.

Worth getting hold of a 182 rearbench for yours, makes it look soooo much better.

Louise - Dont bother with 182 seats, the same as your cup seats, but slightly harder (mainly due to material used etc)

Trophy recaros are your best bet, or sportster cs' (the seats from the r27) if you want to spank some money on it.

Cobra misanos are a good non oem seat if you want to keep reclining and comfort features etc.

With fixed buckets (so you cant recline or adjust seat much) there are loads of options!

How much do you want to spend?

Prob go for fixed as i will prob get rid off the rear bench.

With fixed buckets there are loads of options!

I quite like these,

clio_slr10.gif

or maybe these,

co.gif

what do you think?

Any others spring to anyones mind?

thanks.

seats! my favorite topic :eek:

Take a look here
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=393078
for some general info on seat types.

I had these in my car up until two weeks ago.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=393082

Over a few months of driving with the Recaros I started to want more hold & control, as comfortable as they were I knew you could get lower in the car with other seats. When I first fitted them in the car some very reputable people on here made it clear that there were better options out there for seats in terms of drivers position & support, the Recaro brand name also comes at a premium price, however it depends what your personal preference is: They were an excellent upgrade to the standards and were great to use, very comfortable etc, but still shallow to sit in and quite high.

so I ended up fitting these (this is not some sly sales pitch) and I have never looked back, completely transformed the car :cool:

Bimarco_expert_21.jpg

I now firmly believe that a comfortable well fitted bucket seat is one of the best upgrades you can do to the RS cars, it really brings them to life as a driver as you no longer work to stay on the road & the seat when driving hard!

Last edited:
do like them seats tom. If i hadn't bought somet trendlines i would be very tempted

Thanks mate. They really are awesome for the money. I sold my Evo Recaros & had a lot of change left over after getting these! As a plus side they slide too so are more usable day to day.

I wouldn't touch the Recaro's again. Great seats, but they just don't lower the driving position enough, nowhere near.

^ This is the man that told me before in my other thread:

As I've said before, given the weight of the Recaro's, and the poor drop (10mm) in driving position, there are far better options out there.

Don't listen to him, he doesn't know anything :rasp:

How much do they lower the driving position by then fella?

Saying you were right chap (sarcasm is a b!tch too convey over a internet connection ;)) They lowered around 15mm IIRC (when I measured the back of the seat against a standard), barely noticeable tbh. The only real benefit for the Recaros was the hold & comfort, so much better than the standards.

However, like you I would not get recaros, or even a 'sport' seat again, they just don't offer enough hold over the standard seats to warrant the outlay of pennies.

Having lost 60mm + with the Bimarco's I can now see what a difference a lower seat makes!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Saying you were right mate (sarcasm is a b!tch get convey over a internet connection) They lowered around 15mm IIRC, barely noticeable tbh. The only real benefit for the recaros was the hold & comfort, so much better than the standards.

However, like you I would not get recaros, or even a 'sport' seat again, they just don't offer enough hold over the standard seats to warrant the outlay of pennies.

Having lost 50mm + with the Bimarco's I can now see what a difference a lower seat makes!
You need to apply more smilies lol. Only reason I didn't go for fixed seats was the lack of rear access. I rarely use the rear, but I like having the option. The bimarco's do look epic for the money.

You need to apply more smilies lol. Only reason I didn't go for fixed seats was the lack of rear access. I rarely use the rear, but I like having the option. The bimarco's do look epic for the money.

ah smilies lol, make you look like a plonker if you use them too much!

The rear access is something we are working on for the Bimarco's as a later upgrade (from the launch thread):

Correct, currently they are only able to slide forward, however we are exploring the possibility of an upgrade rear pin for later date that will allow the back of the seat to release & tip up. This will be a simple upgrade and hopefully provide a unique balance between performance & flexibility. This will also be designed as an add-on for all of our existing frame designs allowing backward compatibility.

Although as they can slide, there is just about enough room to get someone in the back through the gap; something else we are trying to improve. However if you are thinking of taking your grand piano for a ride out your should probably buy elsewhere!

Last edited: