ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Brakes?

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Id like new brakes but not sure what to get. I only need ones for road driving and maybe the odd track day. Any help appricated.

Ly meg R26
hey han, im looking into getting new discs and pads, i will be ringing around next week, so i will give u the best deals i find

brambo HC disks, ferodo DS2500 pads and some braded lines if you want to, + bleed the system/fluid change,

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ive just bought brembo max disks paired with a set of ferrodo premier pads along with a fluid change. will offer my opinions in a few weeks once theyre bedded in :)

williams 2 turbo
try pagid blues, they are what i went back to after dumping the willwoods. work well from cold, are bliinding hot, and no noise.

RB 182
brembo HC discs, braided lines and 5.1 fluid are prob most popular choices and then either DS2500, pagid, carbon lorraines. I have carbon lorraines for track and EBC red stuff for everyday use. carbon lorraines are awesome even from cold and didnt fade at all on track, Ebc redstuff are ok but not up to much from cold. would prob not get these again.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've been advised on 3G Disks and Pagid Blue Pads from the Bigger Power Boys... Never heard anyone mention 3G so I may give them a try as I've just met a Guy in the Trade Buisness who is a friend of my Brother-In-Law and he can get a decent price :D

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
brembo HC discs, braided lines and 5.1 fluid are prob most popular choices and then either DS2500, pagid, carbon lorraines. I have carbon lorraines for track and EBC red stuff for everyday use. carbon lorraines are awesome even from cold and didnt fade at all on track, Ebc redstuff are ok but not up to much from cold. would prob not get these again.

I like the sound of the carbon lorraines, how long did they last? Did you have any problems with brake dust on your alloys? I heard that they give off quite a lot.
Also do I only need to update the front brakes?

RB 182
they lasted about 10k miles or so and still have enough left on for a few track days. brake dust wsnt a problem as i clean the car quite often but i've heard of people who have had issues with them.
if you are going to do the backs if they need it then just go with standard as they dont do that much anyway and these are more than capable

Chocolate Bar™

I like the sound of the carbon lorraines, how long did they last? Did you have any problems with brake dust on your alloys? I heard that they give off quite a lot.

if you like your alloys dont get carbon lorraines, they cover your alloys with brake dust, speak to makavelli if you want a proper opinion of em. They also squeal like buggery. I'm looking around for a new set up at the mo so let me know what you can find!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
nah, callipers are the big metal things that dont wear out. i think your getting confused with pads which go from £30 upto £150, your choice on what you have really.

i bought brembo max disks and ferrodo premier pads, cost about £110 alltogether

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

if you like your alloys dont get carbon lorraines, they cover your alloys with brake dust, speak to makavelli if you want a proper opinion of em. They also squeal like buggery. I'm looking around for a new set up at the mo so let me know what you can find!

Go for the yozzasport setup of Brembo HC's, DS 2500's & lines.

My wheels are still perfect;)

Chocolate Bar™
^ want something a bit more flash than the HCs prob go for some tarox. But as said that is the perfect set up

ClioSport -01
Yea :)

I have EBC slottet/drilled disk and EBC Greenstuff for road only, lines and Castrol SRF breakfluid. And for trackdays i change to PFC´s pads. DS 2500 is really good but PFC is best pad for trackdays.

And in my opinion, EBC is better then HC or Tarox

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
s11.jpg

Compbrake 4 pots.

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
How much are they? Do they come with the callipers?
Just looked on shed motorsport and they are £799 for callipers, discs, brakets, bolts, pads and braided hoses. Is that a lot?

How are they from cold? Do they squeal?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^ want something a bit more flash than the HCs prob go for some tarox. But as said that is the perfect set up

The setup i have has done Donington & Silverstone GP with no problems.

They will defo get you to the next poseurs meet :quiet:

Recaro'd 182
nah, callipers are the big metal things that dont wear out. i think your getting confused with pads which go from £30 upto £150, your choice on what you have really.

i bought brembo max disks and ferrodo premier pads, cost about £110 alltogether

thats cheap were you get them?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Brembo disks were from GSF's eBay store - £81 posted
Pads were from local motor factors - £29

Welcome to the L4yer
Leave the rears as standard then since they don't do much braking? Is worth switching to braided lines on the rears with standard discs and pads?