ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What case are you getting for your iPhone 5?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
mmm go and buy a lovely £710 piece of highly engineered hardware with beautiful looks and ergonomics and put a shitty £10 piece of plastic on it.
No thanks.
Mine stays bare as apple intended :)

I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again; Speck Pixelskin HD.

Bought one for my 4 at launch, and in the two years I had the phone, despite being dropped a few times, and used every day - it was still in absolutely mint condition when I upgraded to a 5. Which I naturally got the same case for, and that too now still looks practically brand new.

pixel-skin-hd-case-iphone-5.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I have a pinlo slice 3 on mine. Doesn't even feel like i've got a case on it, it's that thin.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSinkKhsjFWk8ZqAUydnwNHZjPiAlTDbekvR8qOp3K_xeNImdQnOg.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
mmm go and buy a lovely £710 piece of highly engineered hardware with beautiful looks and ergonomics and put a shitty £10 piece of plastic on it.
No thanks.
Mine stays bare as apple intended :)

Won't be a lovely £710 piece of highly engineered hardware after you've dropped it though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Some people don't drop their phones!

I've never met anyone who dropped their phone on purpose.

It's like saying some people don't crash their car.

I might cancel my car insurance, doesn't sound like it's needed lol.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
No that's not the same at all you dilbert.
Do you hold your car in your hand?
Is your phone likely to have other phones crash into it?
No.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
No that's not the same at all you dilbert.
Do you hold your car in your hand?
Is your phone likely to have other phones crash into it?
No.

Are you likely to have someone knock into you while you're holding your phone?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
No...
And if I did I hold on to my phone like its worth £700 not like its a Nokia 3310.

You're talking as though everyone means to drop their phone.

I can see I'm wasting my time so we'll end the discussion here.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
No, just that some people are clumsy and some aren't.
That's why my GF will most certainly be putting hers in a case and I will not.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Lol I've had every iPhone from the 3G on every launch day and I haven't broken one yet. Yes I have dropped 1 once or twice but that's not enough to make me want to cover it in some awful plastic/rubber case just incase I ever drop it. It's absurd IMO.
Although that mega thin one just posted is ok.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Lol I've had every iPhone from the 3G on every launch day and I haven't broken one yet. Yes I have dropped 1 once or twice but that's not enough to make me want to cover it in some awful plastic/rubber case just incase I ever drop it. It's absurd IMO.
Although that mega thin one just posted is ok.

Your call, I've had a case on all my iPhones and not one has has a single mark on it, all were passable as new.

Depends on how bothered you are by the odd scratch and scuff.

Begs the question though, why are you posting in a thread about cases?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Because my post was about cases.
And my case against not having one!

Your argument is flawed, massively.

Oddly enough I just dropped my glasses (by accident may I add). If they were in their case they would have been fine, unfortunately they weren't so they're fucked.

Thankfully I have insurance.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Your argument is flawed, massively.

Oddly enough I just dropped my glasses (by accident may I add). If they were in their case they would have been fine, unfortunately they weren't so they're fucked.

Thankfully I have insurance.

And what good would your glasses be in your case you donut?

My argument isn't flawed at all.
I'd rather live with having a nice looking and feeling phone and face the risk of dropping it than having it in a s**t case for the rest of its life.

I bet your one of the bellends that has a bonnet bra on the front of your car?
(The most ridiculous invention ever?)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have to say I agree, put a case on "so it stays mint", but you never actually get to see the mint phone you're so worried about preserving.

The only time cases are relevant is for those in the workplace IMO. My work 5 has a case and a screen protector, because if I've climbed up a cat ladder onto a roof to grab a measurement of something or down a hole, and I drop my work phone, I'd rather it survived. My own phone has nothing, and none of them ever have.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
And what good would your glasses be in your case you donut?

My argument isn't flawed at all.
I'd rather live with having a nice looking and feeling phone and face the risk of dropping it than having it in a s**t case for the rest of its life.

I bet your one of the bellends that has a bonnet bra on the front of your car?
(The most ridiculous invention ever?)

Who the f**k out 20p in you?

Of course your argument is flawed, it's flawed because you said you won't be dropping your phone.

Do you use your phone to look at or use? At the end of the day it's not a timeless classic but a f**king phone. An expensive, overpriced phone that people need to use on a daily basis. Should it break many will be lost, not only from a financial but also from a need perspective.

A case offers addition protection in the event of an impact. You may not think that it's needed but for many it's a sacrifice worth making. Personally I believe there are many cases out there that compliment the looks of the phone, if that's what float your boat.

If you simply choose not to put your phone in a case because you feel it's a thing of beauty then you probably need to take a long hard look at yourself. Every c***s got one these days so you'll stand out as much as the next man.

No, I don't have a bonnet bra on my car and I never will. Something's are just over the top, bonnet bra's are one of those things. A case on a phone is a completely different matter.

I still don't understand why you're still posting in this thread? May be you should just f**k off and let people interested in cases post? TBH I expected nothing less from someone who calls themselves "Ad Da Man".

Satchel.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I think it was Sunglasses Ron who was running an Incipio Feather case, and because of his testimony I bought one. Still love it, very much indeed! Thanks Ron.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think it was Sunglasses Ron who was running an Incipio Feather case, and because of his testimony I bought one. Still love it, very much indeed! Thanks Ron.

Yeah still got my original one I bought a year ago and it's still in mint condition. A very very good case. Glad you like yours mate ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
null_zps759535f3.jpg

null_zps697cafd0.jpg

Nothing is damaging that lol.

Im getting a bloke from work to mill the bit around the home screen Button away and stick a bigger chamfer around the edge as you can't get to the edges of the screen comfortably.

£60+ case for £10 from Hong Kong eBay :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why the f**k would you put that on your phone!
It's probably the best looking and engineered phone every made and you put that on it!

I don't mind nice cases, personally I run naked with front and back protectors. Stunning piece of technology!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Because I work in a dusty, oily, engineery, swarfy environment... And I'm putting my 4 packing in down to that.

taking no chances with this. It'll come out for special occasions lol.

on the plus side. My Delicate iphone now feels like an indestructible 3310