ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do i need for cleaning up my headlights?

Changes to often
my headlights have the yellow haze on them, i dont want to spend loads on buying new headlights.

im not sure what i need, i know i need wet and dry paper, plus some polish, but what grade wet and dry paper do i need, and is it normal polish or T-cut?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
my headlights have the yellow haze on them, i dont want to spend loads on buying new headlights.

im not sure what i need, i know i need wet and dry paper, plus some polish, but what grade wet and dry paper do i need, and is it normal polish or T-cut?

Just buy the 3m kit if you haven't got any other gear. Going on other members, everything you needs in the box. You just need a drill to use the sanding discs. If it doesn't come with masking tape I would buy some too!

http://bit.ly/10wqSLo

chris

Dynamique 1.2 16v
If you want to do it by hand

I used wet and dry sand paper from 1000-1200-1500-2000-2500 (depending on severity you could just start on 1200) then use meguiars scratch x to remove scratches and then use autoglym super resin polish to shine them :) use plent of water with the sand paper:) and use painters tape to mask off around the headlight so you don't scratch paint or leave glue residue from tacky tape :)

I used 800 grit wet and then machine polished with menzerna power finish.

Shant bother using higher grades unless you want to spend all day on it (or dont have a machine)