ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you hate about your Clio?

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
For me it is the wipers! they sit so far up on the windscreen that they are always in your view, on every other car i have driven the wipers have been more or less level with the bonnet so they are hidden more.

ok rant over lol

too answer your problem get some Bosch aero twins - they are straight swap and they are much neater and sit much lower!!

Also on the topic of wipers I hate the way both my original wipers, replacement originals and now Aeros come off the glass at the outside edge of the drivers wiper, they miss a good inch of width at the bottom of the window where the glass curves so much!

vers le haut doigt milieu
The fact it's been broke now for over a month and everytime I get in the car and turn it on it's realy a lottery of what will decide not work.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I hate that its just like a good woman, annoying & expensive :dapprove: but by christ is it fun to rag the pants off it :rasp:

I love it :D and sometimes fcuking hate it :mad:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Aptek;4726264[B said:
]For me it is the wipers! they sit so far up on the windscreen that they are always in your view[/B], on every other car i have driven the wipers have been more or less level with the bonnet so they are hidden more.

ok rant over lol

how short are you?!?

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
too answer your problem get some Bosch aero twins - they are straight swap and they are much neater and sit much lower!!

Also on the topic of wipers I hate the way both my original wipers, replacement originals and now Aeros come off the glass at the outside edge of the drivers wiper, they miss a good inch of width at the bottom of the window where the glass curves so much!

i know what you mean m8! i already have some aero blades fitted and because it french and the wipers go the wrong way the new wipers only fit on backwards so the wind deflector on the blades is pointless lol.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
1. Seat height/position is shite
2. Heavy clutch
3. Throttle bodies cost so dam much for them :rasp:

ph1 172
i hate the wheel bearings that are made out of cheese and the exhausts that are made out of paper. Oh and the engine mounts that are just shite. They might as well have just left the engine loose in the engine bay, flapping about.

And the general french engineering. The fact that a 172 engine pretty much bolts straight into a mk1 clio shows you how much effort they went to when they designed the mk2, even the subframes look similar.

There are some points on the design where they must have thought...

"Shall we do this properly have a completly different design for these higher power clios? Nah, lets just bodge it up and go and have some coffee/sex"

How jerky the clutch/gearbox is when it's really cold in the morning. Sometimes it doesn't bother me sometimes it pisses me off not being able to get a smooth gearchange.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Wouldnt say hate but its relitavley cheap hot-hatch ownership for what your getting.

If its reliability your after buy a Lexus/Honda/Mazda :eek:

M2 Competition
Seats are too small and too high.

Looks like a 1.2 shopping trolley made out to be a boy racer to most people.

VW Caddy Van
The farting noise from my exhaust which i cannot find. The squeaking coming from somewhere on the passengers side and the rear window can never see properly out it with my mirror

Ph1
The worry over any problems with the clutch, gearbox, pulleys, aux belt or cambelt because that means BIG bills.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I dont hate the stuff, just annoying things are:

Steering wheel is too big and melts
Seats are too high
Stupid buzzing from the CC fan
Wisteling from the Wing mirror

Apart from them i love my car lol
:)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
A knocking charcoal Canistor
Melted steering wheel
Worrying about cambelt/auxbelt all the time

Wouldn't change it for anything else though.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Plastics are dark blue, not black. Wipers are wrong way round, seat too high, melting steering wheel, slooooowwwww (1.2), no a/c, creaky sunroof, rattles, im 6ft 1 so head gets banged getting in and out and i have to sit in the back seat to drive it, apart from that tho!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Most annoying thing (so far) is the indicator noise.

Only had it 2weeks, fingers crossed for the rest of it!