ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Exhaust and panel filter..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im after a exhaust and panel filter for my 172, just looking for opinions on what to get.

Panel Filter:

K&N
ITG
KTR
Other?

Exhaust:

Stealth
Recess

I dont want a stupidly loud exhaust, just something with a nice rumble to it, im also thinking about the RS Tuning over run map so will need a decat, so need to think about that aswell, as i know a decat will make it slightly louder.

opinions please

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Make your mind up then.

Yozza supersports are loud (decatted) but not stupidly, only the race system can be classed as stupidly loud.

:rasp:

Il have to find some vids with the yozza...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
im quite pleased with the piper system, nice noise not too loud until decatted and v nicely built

ITB'd MK1
pipercross panel filter is a lot less restictive than the ITG which isn't great, and costs more. Definite gains from the pipercross.

I'd say you want a k-tec(janspeed) stealth exhaust

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I certainly wouldnt bother with ktec. Get either BTB or a JP/Yozza.

Paper filter works fine in the both the std box & R25v6 box imo.

Looking for 182
How about a Milltek?

/runs from Fred

PS. I love mine, perfect balance of looks and sound, without being over the top (with standard cat by the way)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Isn't the BTB quite loud?

I'm in the decision boat as well, i want something very subtle.

Nope, dont have to raise your voice to talk over it during regular driving & pleasant at motorway speeds.

5k plus it livens up just right imo, now mines sooted up its v.subtle.

The ktec stealth (ironically their quieter version) i had before was massively louder, the same as every stealth system ive heard sold by them. :dead:

Ph 1 172
Whatever you decided to do keep the mid silencer in there as I found that that made the most difference in noise when I removed it, wish I had kept the mid silencer now as with a decat my stealth is stupidly loud